Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Not open for further replies.

Important Articles:​

Animated Pre-Creation:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Major Updates:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I love how the video was almost all indoor bts shots, yet the event is not going inside, or even able to view what is going on while they build it. I would assume they'll have some construction photos and maybe a video screen to show stuff, but otherwise, seems like this preview isn't a huge deal and won't reveal anything we don't already know. Will be cool to get back in the DK queue though...

Reactions: Mwe BGW
This is a brilliant decision (partly thanks to covid).
Scrap that hideous, uninSPIREd Drachen-crap in favor of a family-friendly, highly-themed coaster to offset the extreme thrills of Pantheon.
Good choice, BGW.

This is a brilliant decision (partly thanks to covid).
Scrap that hideous, uninSPIREd Drachen-crap in favor of a family-friendly, highly-themed coaster to offset the extreme thrills of Pantheon.
Good choice, BGW.

For the record, the existence of DarKoaster does not mean that spire is dead. They are mutually exclusive...

if spire isn’t dead, what the fuck are they doing with with a 220 foot height waiver right next to spire

I recommend reading through the articles on BGWFans if you want to catch up. The 220 foot height waiver is for a non-Drachen Spire project. Drachen Spire's waiver was 355ft.

Both are still active but is it realistic to assume the park will move forward with potentially two major attractions in the same space so close in time to each other?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
i just assumed that drachen spire was dead, i can’t imagine them putting 2 coasters right there, especially both of insane size

Is there any update on when we can anticipate this opening, besides “Spring”? It seems like marketing is doing a pretty decent job of promoting/hyping this up, I’m just wondering if I’m going to be driving up to BGW in March or April. Or both 😂 I would have thought they would have announced an opening day/weekend by now.

Is there any update on when we can anticipate this opening, besides “Spring”? It seems like marketing is doing a pretty decent job of promoting/hyping this up, I’m just wondering if I’m going to be driving up to BGW in March or April. Or both 😂 I would have thought they would have announced an opening day/weekend by now.
If it was March, they probably would have posted something by now. Most likely, spring means April-May. Late spring is May-June. Early spring is March-April.

Reactions: Unagi
Sources have confirmed pull through testing was completed in January and a full train is currently on the tracks. Vthe can't sources also confirm lots of theming work still needs to be done and no ride testing has occurred.

"In addition to being among the first to ride DarKoaster, your Membership offers unbeatable benefits all year long" That is from Kevin's email letter to members and seems to strongly suggest we will see a members preview period.

Last edited:
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad