Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Maybe I am just behind on this revelation, but them putting Oktobertaps over there, maybe they are hearing the prayers for a perfect pour experience beer garden in that spot long-term.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
The only issue I see with that is for anyone who has done the food and wine crawl tour, you go to the booths in order, as you work your way around the park. Now, there are four drink-only stands back to back.
Jamaica and Italy are the two that are food based on either end.
The order now goes:
Jamaica (food)
Herbal infusion (drinks only)
Island Freeze (drinks only)
Oktobertaps (drinks only)
Sangria Garden (drinks only [yes I am aware of the cupcake, it is the only food item there, in my book does not count])
Italy (food)

I think it makes sense to keep food booths out of Oktoberfest considering they have P&B and Festhaus there. Makes more sense to spread them out such that everywhere you look is food, primarily in the places that usually you don't have access to anything more than popcorn or a churro. Brazil and Italy are the only ones set up right next to a restaurant. Brazil I imagine to utilize that outdoor cooking area already installed, and Italy I guess so they can easily schlep over food from the Marco kitchen.

Food sales spur drink sales as well, so especially having drink booths near the salty P&B makes a ton of sense. You could easily close the taps ast P&B for this event and people can go get their beer outside. People who just buy a pretzel and not a drink will just find themselves dying for one of those exciting looking drinks nearby when they walk off and start getting thirstier a lot quicker than they realize.

Honestly, from a "science of driving sales" perspective, the food and wine layout is rather masterful, and I imagine driven by the many years of data they have at this point to look at what booths can do what sales. That is why events like these are so successful and desired by entertainment venues, being able to have clear and obvious insight into the popularity and profitability of each element of an event is a dream for those who run theme parks, and food-focused events are absolutely perfect for that sort of refinement.

South Korea booth has been removed from the map and the menus on the park website.
I can confirm it has been pulled and will be a wine bar instead this year. No word yet on why it was pulled but I am working on it.

Not a loss at all in my opinion. I never really liked real food being served from that little cart/booth thing and I've never been terribly impressed by anything that has come out of the South Korea kiosk either. Honestly I'd be happy to see that counter removed entirely–it's a real eyesore. Maybe the PTSD I continue to suffer as a result of tasting the Tempesto Panini has just severely biased my impressions though...

Certainly odd to see a Food & Wine booth up and vanish so late into the game, but I won't miss it.

Not a loss at all in my opinion. I never really liked real food being served from that little cart/booth thing and I've never been terribly impressed by anything that has come out of the South Korea kiosk either. Honestly I'd be happy to see that counter removed entirely–it's a real eyesore. Maybe the PTSD I continue to suffer as a result of tasting the Tempesto Panini has just severely biased my impressions though...

Certainly odd to see a Food & Wine booth up and vanish so late into the game, but I won't miss it.
I agree but it brings up the real concern of why. If they haven't even started the event and are already changing food options possibly because of supply availability or more likely cost then that seems like a very ominous sign for the event as a whole.

The Tempesto Panini placed on a curse on that booth that can never be wiped away. I’m sure whatever wine is sold here will also be abysmal. Probably from Williamsburg Winery…

Omg, some of my old faves! I was going to buy a Water Country pass for the summer but this is making me seriously consider getting both.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad