Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'm sure this will open as the largest of it's kind. The screamin' Swing has always been a fun ride. I think it was the last real flat ride Cedar Point got. Still fun.

I'm sure this will open as the largest of it's kind. The screamin' Swing has always been a fun ride. I think it was the last real flat ride Cedar Point got. Still fun.
Curious to see how it compares height-wise to SeaWorld San Antonio. I was there one week before it opened, and I am heading back down there this weekend to ride both the screamin' swing as well as Dr. Diabolocal.

Last edited:
BGTB is marketing this as the "world’s tallest and fastest ride of its kind," though the stats are the exact same as advertised for Tidal Surge. BGTB told me in an email that the two rides are "sharing" those distinctions, but then sent out a passholder email blast which called Serengeti Flyer "the tallest and fastest ride of its kind on the East Coast."

BGTB is marketing this as the "world’s tallest and fastest ride of its kind," though the stats are the exact same as advertised for Tidal Surge. BGTB told me in an email that the two rides are "sharing" those distinctions, but then sent out a passholder email blast which called Serengeti Flyer "the tallest and fastest ride of its kind on the East Coast."
San Antonio may have to amend their labels (see far upper right in attached photo) by adding sonething like "in the Central time zone" or "west of the Mississippi"...

Attachments

• 20220905_134057.jpg
    20220905_134057.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
Based on my visit yesterday, it looks like the only things left to do on the ride itself are the arms and the seats. Add in a week for a minimally themed queue, and folks might be flying above the Serengeti by late January / early February.

Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad