Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jan 9, 2010
The park announced on their website the dates of the concerts this year. It looks like more shows this year compared to last year.

Sunday, May 12 - Styx
Sunday, May 19 - Mary Mary
Saturday, May 25 - Austin Mahone
Sunday, May 26 - Coco Jones
Saturday, June 29 - Michael W Smith
Sunday, June 30 - Scotty McCreery
Saturday, Aug. 17 - KC and the Sunshine Band
Sunday, Aug. 18 - Third Day
Saturday, Aug. 24 - Bridgit Mendler
Sunday, Aug 25 - Hot Chelle Rae
Sunday, Sept. 1 - Casting Crowns

Reactions: Erin and Zachary
RE: Concerts 2013

8 non-glory shows?

Maybe they are finally gonna give us shows across a wider spectrum...

You know, not just pop punk bands or nickelodeon stars like last year seemed to be.

Who knows, maybe they booked someone who fits the 18-30 y.o demo that's current.

Glory at the Gardens is a collection of concerts performed by Christian artists, BG Live is a collection of concerts performed by any other artist. Different genres basically.

Not surprised to see more concerts on the line up.

Honestly, in the whole aspect of concerts obviously we all want to be catered to so I see no sense in arguing about what concerts they should or shouldn't get; but in my opinion, I would like to see more recognizable names from any age. From Justin Bieber to Bon Jovi. More of the really well known people not just people from back in the day or people who are hip with the kids. Just having a name that most people recognize will be just fine. I think Bon Jovi is one of those names that he had his time, he is popular with the older crowd as well as the younger crowd. Those are the type of concerts the park should be getting, not getting artists that only either older people or only younger people know about, but of course my own opinion.

The park isnt gonna pay $200,000+ to book Bieber. It's just not worth it. Bon Jovi is more possible, but I doubt they have the crowd control capabilities to deal with it... I'm sure Jovi is in the $50,000+ tier easy. And Bieber would cause more issues than Jovi easy.

The Teeny Bopper acts come cheap (figuratively). All the acts they book I'm almost 100% positive are in the under the $50,000 booking fee tier. I honestly don't think the park has booked anyone who's base price would be more than $20.

I can't give an accurate estimate cause I've never dealt or talked *seriously* about booking an act for a themepark. I'm sure the rate goes up at least 25%... I wouldnt be surprised if it went up 50% from their normal rate just cause it's a themepark. It really depends on how "fair" the booking agency is... I can see some agencies booking certain acts considering the maximum capacity of the park, rather than the venue, to capitalize off the fact "so and so" being there boosting the attendance.

What *I* think the park should do is book the guys people know about, but wouldn't go way far out the way to see. Get artist with a large non-radio/TV following. They don't cost as much and would effectively boost attendance But they'd cost less so they could book more shows throughout the summer.

One of Busch's MAIN problems right now, is that it's always the same ol same ol. They need to expand their offerings and keep things changing constantly in the park so they can get a boost in attendance and spending out of the locals. You book a big name and you'll get a quick attendance boost... But if you book 2 or 3 lesser known, but still well known artist that wont draw a crowd that'll scare off your sane locals, You get to put more content in the park, keep an attendance boost and give people SOMETHING to do and plan for for 3 days rather than 1.

I'd love to see local bands playing in Grogans, every wednesday during the summer or something like that... They don't cost that much to book... Might be a little bit of a hassle, but the park needs constant content injected into it that arent rides or regular shows. BGW is a locals park as equally much as it is a tourist park... Capitalize off of it!

I'm also really really surprised SEA is one of the few chains not trying to capitalize off of the current electronic music trend. Electronic acts are the CHEAPEST to book, and the cheapest to produce a show for. It takes literally an extention cord and a dual XLR connection into the main sound console to set up for a DJ, (plus a DJ mixer). That's it.

1. No Bieber... Please...

2. I dig the idea of having a more diverse array of music coming to the park. For the longest time, the park had classic rock/country acts playing. It seems to have shifted towards pop acts with a small mix of country. If they could mix the different genres together, the park would bring in potential good money + good crowds.

4. Big name acts like Bon Jovi will probably cost a pretty penny for the park. Most parks usually go with the next best thing when it comes to bringing in acts.

3. I'm all for bringing Skrillex, Swedish House Mafia, Knife Party, Daft Punk, etc to BGW. :D Those acts may cost a bit to bring in though. Next best thing could most definitely work as well.

Youhow2 said:
I'd love to see local bands playing in Grogans, every wednesday during the summer or something like that... They don't cost that much to book... Might be a little bit of a hassle, but the park needs constant content injected into it that arent rides or regular shows. BGW is a locals park as equally much as it is a tourist park... Capitalize off of it!

They did something like this at Water Country USA a few years back and I thought it was fantastic. No clue why they stopped.

Reactions: Ben

Zachary said:
They did something like this at Water Country USA a few years back and I thought it was fantastic. No clue why they stopped.

I remember that, they had local bands play by the wave pool, It was awesome.

Bon Jovi more possible? That dude is still holding #1 tours annually. Well over bieber. Outside of this year where he did not tour.

I think my point was missed completely. They have tailored to age groups. Either the older bands that only people 30 and + would know or the newer artists that 13 - 16 would know.

My point is they need to get acts that are well known by all age groups, or more diverse age groups. I am not talking about what is cost effective for them. I am talking about what is good. Getting artists that please a much more wider group of people than artists that only tailor to a specific small age group. I am not saying Bieber and Bon Jovi are the best things to happen if they come to the park. I am saying they should get more well known artists by a larger variety of people.

^
Don't think that is going to take twenty years. :cool:

Last concert of the season to get us in the mood for Howl-O-Scream...
GWAR!!!! (kinda local)

Reactions: Celticdog
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad