Which has Better Food?

• Busch Gardens

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Kings Dominion

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 18, 2010
As everyone in the forums knows BGW has some of the best theme park food only beaten by disney...and i was wondering if anyone knew some of the recipes and companies that they get there stuff from. Like what type pickles do they use, what type hamburger meat do they use, how do they season it, Hopefully we have some answers so we can all make a little of BGW at home.

RE: Busch Gardens Recipes

I don't have any recopies, but I have to say, the poll you have attached to this thread is hilarious.

They probably get their food from a full service company. A company that buys food direct from the source, then brings it all to the companies in one shot.

In other news, it would seem that KD had much better food!

Balak95 said:
Most likely but they still have to season some products.

They would probably get those pre-mixed from the company labeled something like "Brisket Seasoning" etc. That way only a few people know how to make it. If you could track down the distributor, and say, start a restaurant, you could technically buy the same stuff.

Reactions: Ben

Yeah i was hoping the park would have some home cooking....but i guess that was a far catched dream considering were talking about a place that needs to make 1000s of platters quickly.

I actually found a recepe somewhere for Annie Grogans Stew from Ireland. For some reason I found myself craving it and I made it, and it tasted exactly the same.

You should post it...i love that stew!

Also I have changed the name to Experimental Recipes so we can experiment with different things like Michaelcollier did!

Fur Dozy said:
In other news, it would seem that KD had much better food!

In other news it would seem some mod is having some fun.

Balak95 said:
You should post it...i love that stew!

Also I have changed the name to Experimental Recipes so we can experiment with different things like Michaelcollier did!

Annie Grangan's Irish Stew

Ingredients:
2 1/2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups yellow onions, chopped coarse
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup Burgundy wine
2 teaspoons chicken base
2 bay leaves
1 cheesecloth
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
3 1/4 cups water
2 cups potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 1/4 cup carrots, cut into battonnet strips
1 cup frozen green peas
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1 cup pearl onions
1 fresh parsley stem

Directions:

Preheat oven to 240 degrees F. Heat 1/2 of oil in large ovenproof Dutch oven on stove at medium-high heat.

Dredge beef cubes with salt and pepper. Add meat in Dutch oven and brown on all sides. Meat should cook until it begins to turn dark brown. DO NOT allow meat to burn. Remove meat and reserve.

Heat remainder of oil in Dutch oven. Add onions and sauté until they begin to brown. Add garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds. DO NOT cook garlic for more than 30 seconds, as it will burn. Stir in flour and cook until lightly colored (3-4 minutes).

Wrap bay leaves and thyme in cheesecloth and tie off end. Add wine, scraping up any residue stuck to bottom of Dutch oven. Mix chicken base with hot water (1 teaspoon base to each cup of water). Add chicken stock, bay leaves, and thyme and bring to a simmer.

Add meat and return to a simmer. Cover and place in oven at 240 degrees F for one hour. Add remaining water and allow to simmer for another 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Peel carrots and cut into 1 x 1/4-inch strips. Twenty minutes before stew is finished, steam potatoes and carrots for 10 minutes.

Stir cooked vegetables into stew. Add peas and pearl onions, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and remove bay leaves. Garnish with fresh parsley. Irish Soda Bread goes well with this dish.

Yes, the Festhaus is actually where all the baked goods (cupcakes, cakes, bread, etc.) is made for all of the park's restaurants and for WCUSA's restaurants. I know those are made on site for sure, along with most of their foods. The Bar-B-Que sause used is not a park recipe, it is actually bought from somewhere, I can try to find that out for you. I know some of their gravy has just been add water to packaged contents, and a few small things like that.

I can tell you 100% that the pretzels are made on site :p I will try to find out more info for you all.

I love the pretzels at the beer hall by Mach Tower. They are so good. One time I had a pretzel at Kings Dominion and I spit it out and threw it away. That's another thing, you don't have to tail gate at BG but you do at KD.

I can tell you when Busch Gardens Festhause had german potato salad that was canned and then they would add some crumbled bacon bits. The can was "READ German Potato Salad" its a black and red can and can find it in some of the local stores. Also the Festhause does bake all of the desserts and breads for both parks. The red cabbage is cooked from scratch and the sauerkraut is canned but I don't know the brand. Also the whip cream that they use is a powder and water mix which I found very interesting.

Reactions: Zachary
http://www.buschgardensvablog.com/recipe-german-sampler-das-festhausr-1

check out the typo in the url :-D

If your talking about the r at the end of festhaus, it is supposed to be there. The r is supposed to be like the r in the circle noting the name has been trademarked etc.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad