Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I don’t see how that has anything to do with the “whole park not being open”? Basically every race across the country this year is canceled.....in fact I think what most events are doing is crap. Like the CT Dash says they will be moving everyone to the Virtual 8k “at no additional cost”.....like you are really getting something so much better......so basically they keep all the money, don’t have to spend the money on hosting the actual race and just keep the profits. They are making out fat!

https://christmastowndash.com/ As sad as this is, could this point is towards the whole park not being open? Although we know ,for the most, part it will be closed does this confirm it?
Like @WDWRLD said this doesn't really have anything to do with the park's planned layout as much as it does the restrictions around COVID. The layout could be adjusted or the park could let then run through closed parts of the park. They already let them run through back areas.

Sadly, we won't be getting the entire park for this event. Unless the park gets an attendance cap increase. Even then it seems unlikely that it would be a high enough number of people to justify it.

Any thoughts on this event NOT being allowed to occur?

Any thoughts on this event NOT being allowed to occur?

No in fact, I expect the park to be allowed to have more people than the current cap

No in fact, I expect the park to be allowed to have more people than the current cap
I believe the park is in the same classification as sports stadiums, so this may be very possible with college football having kicked off recently.

Christmas is starting noooooowwwww
1E7F8117-538C-4702-A75E-9655D3E420DC.jpeg

Lights are up in France, New France, and Germany and trees are already popping up in England. From what I could see on Apollo and Nessie, it’s looking substantially better compared to the past events that have occurred this year, and should hopefully be somewhat on par to Christmas Town 2009. There was also some work being done to Mach Tower’s ride vehicle and I overheard a few employees talking about it being open for the next event. Cars could be heard zipping around and work was actively being done in the closed areas of the park, so it seems like there is more than a decent amount of effort being put into this event.

There was also some work being done to Mach Tower’s ride vehicle and I overheard a few employees talking about it being open for the next event.

Definitely makes sense to run the Observatory Tower version of Mach Tower during the event, although I suppose the jury is still out on whether there will be anything to see on the currently open side of the park or not.

Reactions: Zachary
Christmas is starting noooooowwwww

Lights are up in France, New France, and Germany and trees are already popping up in England. From what I could see on Apollo and Nessie, it’s looking substantially better compared to the past events that have occurred this year, and should hopefully be somewhat on par to Christmas Town 2009. There was also some work being done to Mach Tower’s ride vehicle and I overheard a few employees talking about it being open for the next event. Cars could be heard zipping around and work was actively being done in the closed areas of the park, so it seems like there is more than a decent amount of effort being put into this event.
I’m optimistically guessing that each event will get better. Hopefully, BG is learning the best ways to make the most of the circumstances and the the best ways to enforce mask wearing, social distancing, etc.

Reactions: tursiops
Definitely makes sense to run the Observatory Tower version of Mach Tower during the event, although I suppose the jury is still out on whether there will be anything to see on the currently open side of the park or not.
Sadly there won't be much beyond a really great view at Pantheon testing/construction on the now open side of the park

Reactions: Twisted_Airtime
Two questions, if anyone has an answer. First I've read on Facebook that preschool passes will be honored for this event, does anyone have confirmation of that? Secondly, I'm sure nobody knows or can say, but anyone heard rumors of when reservations will open? Thanks!

Two questions, if anyone has an answer. First I've read on Facebook that preschool passes will be honored for this event, does anyone have confirmation of that? Secondly, I'm sure nobody knows or can say, but anyone heard rumors of when reservations will open? Thanks!
Expect an announcement today or tomorrow. I would expect reservations to open next week. Most likely on Tuesday or Wednesday. Unless they decide to wait until after Halloween to announce. Then we are mostly looking at a Monday/Tuesday announcement and a Friday reservation opening

My hunch is no because traditionally they don't get free admission to Christmas town.

One one hand that makes sense. On the other hand if free preschool passes have been extended into the fall and winter events it would make sense to do the same with other paid passes.

dont like unlimited and above get free CT admission?

Yes, that is true for memberships. I have a "season pass" on EZ Pay from years ago. Currently they have transitioned to just selling "memberships". Season Passes have never included Christmas Town admission. Season pass holders typically have to buy an admission ticket for Christmas Town, but still get the free parking and food/merchandise discounts during it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad