Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2009
As you probably know by now, Blackstone Group has purchased Busch Entertainment Corporation for $2.3B in cash with $400M available for InBev to claim as part of the initial return on investment. There are multiple sources for this news, so I won't go about posting all of them.

With that said, this link should be able to answer most of the questions you have:
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200910/1455/

Sep 23, 2009
Here's a video posted today giving the name of the company "Worlds of Discovery". "Busch Entertainment Corporation" is not mentioned at all. This may be a clue that the company may be known as "Worlds of Discovery" in the future rather than Busch Entertainment Corporation.

Sep 23, 2009
North Carolina
Actually, I believe they changed the name to Worlds of Discovery back when INBev bought AB, probably to separate it from the brewery. I know over the last year or so, all my emails have come as WoD.

Sep 23, 2009
kcracken said:
Actually, I believe they changed the name to Worlds of Discovery back when INBev bought AB, probably to separate it from the brewery. I know over the last year or so, all my emails have come as WoD.

Yeah, I feel like the "Worlds of Discovery" moniker had actually been around for awhile, maybe since back just after Discovery Cove was opened. I was working at Water Country back then and seem to remember hearing that name as an aka for the parks, but they were officially BEC still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad