Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2009
I had just read that Busch Gardens has petitioned James City County for a building permit that will allow them to build 250 feet into the air!!!! For people who may be bad with math or just don't know, that is approximately 45 feet TALLER THAN Griffon. I am double checking this rumor and I have contacted certain people and I'm waiting for a response on weather this rumor is true or false. I will post up TRUE or FALSE when I find out, depending on which word fits best.

I haven't heard anything about this and as of today, the only thing up for discussion during the Feb. Planning Commission hearing is regarding a cell phone tower on Ingram Road.

Really, well I heard this from a guy over Facebook. I can give you hi exact post. Oh I am terribly sorry, I forgot to read the end, he said it is is unconfirmed but he usually gets these things right. I am very sorry for the whole misunderstanding. The Safari of Fun is for BGT.

He wrote:
Blair Westby-Gibson - Confirm. The new item for Busch Gardens 2010 operating season is Sesame Street Safari of Fun Playground. i realize this is a dissapoint to most people, but I promise from my knowledge that (according to people i know on the inside) says 2011 brings up a new roller coaster.
Busch Gardens bought up a plot of land recently i believe. But ultimately i believe the roler ciaster will be constructed in the remaining area of Drachen Fire and Big Bad Wolf. The park also has recently petitioned James City County for a boulding permit above 250ft. of course all of this is uncomfirmed, but i usually get these things right.

BTW - I looked into the building permit. Brenda Grow with James City County Records Management told me I need to talk to Pat Wilkerson. She forwarded my email to Pat. I'll still look into it because this seems really interesting, but I don't know what I'm going to do. I think I will wait and see if Pat gets the forward and reply to me about it.

Thank you, I feel really stupid not paying attention to the whole statement. If you didn't bring up the whole only thing on the Feb. Planning Commission thing I would have never known and felt even stupider.

However, the same guy, Blair Westby-Gibson also swears that if we wait till 2011, it will be better than the year Griffon opened. This definitely means new better coaster.

Your assuming that this guy actually knows what's going on. Nobody that actually knows what's going on is going to say anything about it because they'll either lose their job or their source.

The low-level people at the park know just as much as we do, nothing/rumors. If they did know anything, they wouldn't be telling you because of the reasons that Chris outlined above.

Okay, thanks. I should have thought about that. Oh well, No harm no foul. Unfortunately I am not able to check the building permits because I do not meet the requirements for the Freedom of Information Act, which is alright with me. But like I said No Harm, No Foul. :sleepy:

Now I just talked to this Blair Westby-Gibson, he said that he was talking to some friends (low-level probably) *yay for thinking about this* and his friends say there is a new coaser for 2011 and he said they (I'm assuming they is his probably low-level friends) just petitioned for the 250 ft. building permit. so, i'm guessing the fact that theres gonna be a new coaster is a rumor but the building permit, if it was his friends probably true but if he was talking about the park then its just another rumor.

Possibly someone confused this with the rumor for a new coaster going into BGT in 2011? Just a thought. Also, if the park applied for a permit, that's public information and can be obtained - At least it SHOULD be public information.. That's how we got information on SSFOF.. So either they're referring to BGT or they're full of crap.

It's highly possible. I'm still leaning towards the 'they're full of crap' comment I made.

Building Permits ARE public record, so if we haven't seen one by now, I'm calling this one busted. (Laugh at my lame reference)

Yeah, I agree it's probly crap. But I do think that sometime in the future BGW might announce the construction for a new coaster around the end of this year so they can run along the timeline of BGT's new coaster.

I'm Surprised that Tampa doesn't have a new coaster this year. This could be due to new ownership, leading to delays. Also, this could mean that we could see two new coasters in one year. Maybe even sisters.

If we got a woodie I would burn it down. I'll go to prison to save everyone else from enduring that shame and pain. You are welcome everyone.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a terrain woodie, but I don't think it will happen. There is one woodie at BGT, and look at it. Not good.
We already have a hyper with inversions. I am pretty sure that what Tampa is getting will be a hyper, because there really aren't any decent (or any at all I believe) in FL.

Shei Kra is a hyper. Key word is lengthy. Busch needs a end all coaster that adds the ride apollo gives you and the intense inversions of rides like alpie. Btw, a 250 ft coaster is almost impossible. Kingsmill would hate it. also, if we're looking at a flyer(which i have deluded myself to have good hope for) It would be impressive at even 200ft. a more likely height would be about 150-180 ft. They just don't make them tall; yet. But they could take the alpengiest approach and blow all records away. crossing my fingers on this one.

What we know is that it will be something special like all of their past coasters have been.

Apollo: First B&M Hyper w/ Clam-shell Restraints
Alpen: Tallest Full Circuit Invert
Nessy: 1st (& now only) w/ Interlocking Loops
Griffon: Tallest & Fastest Dive Coaster

It wouldn't be hard to break the record for tallest & fastest flyer, would it? Anyone know what it is off the top of their head?

Griffon is the only coaster on that list that has not had anything better built.. yet.. There's a coaster opening in China sometime this year (I believe) that will be about 9 feet taller.

I hope they don't put a woodie in. I like Wooden coasters, don't get me wrong, but I just can't see it fitting in with the theme in the park.. Except for maybe New France. Then it would be called something like "Chainsaws and Logs". Haha. Busch needs something impressive that the entire family can ride.

Wolf was pretty family oriented with a low height restriction. I'd like to see something with another low height restriction put in it's place.

BTT_Racheal said:
Griffon is the only coaster on that list that has not had anything better built.. yet.. There's a coaster opening in China sometime this year (I believe) that will be about 9 feet taller.

I hope they don't put a woodie in. I like Wooden coasters, don't get me wrong, but I just can't see it fitting in with the theme in the park.. Except for maybe New France. Then it would be called something like "Chainsaws and Logs". Haha. Busch needs something impressive that the entire family can ride.

Wolf was pretty family oriented with a low height restriction. I'd like to see something with another low height restriction put in it's place.
that would be great but I doubt it. they still have Pompeii and i don't think they will sacrifice a big ride to the arms of family friendliness. Esp, with grover's happyland coaster, er whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad