Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
So I was just wondering the internet and then I stumbled upon a site displaying building permits for James City County. You can access their E-Permit site to search at this link: https://epermit.jamescitycountyva.gov/Permits/cc_permit_search.aspx

Recently I found a few interesting things. Such as the "Emporium Refresh" permit which I posted info in the correct thread about such.

Among other things I found the building permits for the Italy Glow Booth. The structure is considered a Merchandise Shack, it has 150 square feet, and has a occupant load of 10. It is to be removed on or before October 31 of this year. They only had to pay $66 for the permits for this.

Then there is the permit for Catacombs. Which had electrical and alarm problems, which were corrected to county standards. Turns out, 2 exit lights were relocated, the sound track stops on signal for evac, and emergency lights come up on signal for evac as well, and a few other things as well. It takes up a total of 7,000 square feet with an occupancy load of 125.

Next is our beloved 13: Your Numbers Up, which faced issues such as cleaning dust from sprinkler heads, having doors fasten open in the mirror room, and relocating two exit signs. Takes up 8,000 square feet and a occupancy load of 1,050

Finally I found Root of All Evil as well. They needed to install a perimeter fence with exits, had to have lights for emergency egress, and install light up exit signs at exits. It takes up 10,000 square feet with occupancy load of 360.

The only other permits that came up were something for ticket booths in February of this year and some work on Pompeii including something about a transmitter room for their radios, or something of the sort.

I know this isn't something to be totally shocked by but the information is interesting. Also, the occupancy load, is that in regards to capacity?

Yeah we have followed this site now for sometime. It's nothing new. If you look at the early Verbolten thread we constantly in the beginning were posting the links to the building permits for the ride. It's a good source of info in all the little and big things going on at BGW that require some type of construction.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
Well there are two permit sites. This Epermit site I just found and another one, http://first.jccegov.com/CaseTrak/search_advance.aspx

Both of them are essentially the same thing, the main difference is they have different permits it seems. But overall, just thought I'd bring attention to it in case people want to look back at all the permits the park has gotten for all the ins and outs of construction going on inside the park.

Also, do you happen to know if the Occupancy Load is referring to capacity?

Thanks Zach, I was finding information regarding building permits, for my own personal reasons, and I stumbled upon this gem. I got curious and it all came to this. You just have to love public records :D

But does anyone know about the Occupancy Load? I assume that refers to capacity, right?

So that means a maximum of 10 people are allowed in the glow booth? I think I've seen more than that there before?

Things like that are hard to enforce. The Cafeteria in my old High School was only fit to hold 200 people according to the State Fire Marshall and on pretty much all of the 182 days there were more than twice that stuffing their faces.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad