Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
The cocktails were a good size—they're EXACTLY as pictured on the website.

If you liked Blood Banquet back in the day, this is main season Blood Banquet that serves flights of booze instead of a buffet of mediocre food.

I LOVE it and I LOVE all the meticulous attention to detail present throughout it. There's a third room that I haven't even mentioned yet that's part of the entry experience. Super, super charming and super, super well done.

If you like more "bespoke" experiences at BGW like Blood Banquet or the HOS NoEscape rooms, this is VERY much in that same vein and I'm pretty sure people who have been into those offerings will find a ton to like here.

Nov 24, 2009
So now that y’all have been what are your thought on the whole experience? I’m sure your writing a article but just some first thoughts on the drinks?

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
So now that y’all have been what are your thought on the whole experience? I’m sure your writing a article but just some first thoughts on the drinks?

Not sure if there will be an article or not—we are sorta at a loss on how to approach it at the moment. If there is one, it is likely weeks away because I'd almost certainly have to go back again first.

My opinion though is that it is fantastic and legitimately everyone should book it before the promo price ends tonight. I honestly believe it's one of the coolest, most interesting, most innovative things BGW has done in AGES. I don't say this lightly: It legitimately feels like a Disney or Universal-type (and nearly -caliber) experience. If you like interactive experiences and you drink alcohol, this is honestly a total no-brainer in my mind.

I was one of Blood Banquet's biggest fans, BGW meta humor is like one of my all-time favorite things, and immersive dining and entertainment are squarely passions of mine. I'm not going to claim I'm not the target audience. That said, I honestly think that most any fan of BEC-era BGW will see the magic at Bürgermeister's Hideaway. It feels radically out of place in BGW's recent history and, if you ask me, that's a great thing.

Last edited:

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
To answer @WDWRLD's question, I was not able to go yesterday, because of work. So, we are both going soon, and then will figure out how to report on the experience.

In the meantime, there are a few misconceptions that I'd like to address, based on what @Zachary told me.

The mixed drinks are NOT all frozen. Additionally, he said they are unique to this venue and there was at least one really interesting option. He also mentioned that they were full-sized and looked like the marketing photos.

You can buy a single ticket. So, regardless of what was said initially, it is not required that you drop $100.

The bartenders are separate from the entertainment.

I believe @Zachary also has the current drink list, including cocktails, mocktails, beer, and wine.

Jul 23, 2014
Opening day menu:

Not having done it, but being somewhat into beers, those 3 beers dont seem like it would be worth choosing beer. Assuming the Radler is Schofferhofer, they seem like 3 readily available German beers in most beer/liquor stores. Maybe as this goes on the beer selections will be more unique but those right now would make me chose Cocktails.

I am hoping they come out with authentic German Schnapps flight.

Last edited:

Murphy

Silver Donor
Jul 16, 2019
There's a fun opportunity here to change up the show seasonally to coincide with park events. If they're already throwing shade at Grogans, etc, they could have more fun with the St. Patrick's Day celebration. They could overlay it for Howl-o-Scream and Christmastown.

Ice

↑%
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
Oktoberfests and Christmas ales, pumpkin spice and peppermint cocktails, normal ass wines, I would LOVE there to be a seasonal aspect to this. Genuinely that would give a reason to go to this multiple times a year to experience the different seasonal offerings and see the different decorations

Mar 16, 2016
Not having done it, but being somewhat into beers, those 3 beers dont seem like it would be worth choosing beer. Assuming the Radler is Schofferhofer, they seem like 3 readily available German beers in most beer/liquor stores. Maybe as this goes on the beer selections will be more unique but those right now would make me chose Cocktails.

I am hoping they come out with authentic German Schnapps flight.

The counter I would give is even though they are readily available, they are also incredibly low volume sales in America so they are still unique in most likely haven’t tried them.

Jul 23, 2014
Beer isn't really a thematic choice for a speakeasy, regardless.
They need to employ some tasting be it Brandy, Schnapps, Whiskey that implies that it may have came from the still and equipment prop taking up a lot of space in that room. Cocktail I see to an extent as they use stilled liquors.

Reactions: Murphy

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I had reservations for the 6:00 time slot tonight. I really enjoyed the event and was impressed that staff actively engaged with me was a solo guest and insured that I was enjoying myself as much as the groups.

My only complaints are as follows. One the entrance process needs some tweaking as the hostess were interrupted multiple times by people without reservations trying to enter and in one case they had to have a quote lengthy discussion with a group that couldn't grasp that you needed resverations for it and that they were booked up.

Two was I really wish they would provide another snack option to pickled popcorn. Maybe something like pretzel bites or even generic hard pretzel snacks. 3 drinks in an hour is a lot if you aren't actively consuming food at the same time.

Finally I wish there was some way to split your visit between the nonalcoholic option snd the alcohol ones. I had the beer option and enjoyed it but honestly I would have been probably happier with something else then a third beer.

Overall I give it 8 on an 1-10 scale.

Nov 24, 2009
Wow seems hype died fast for this? Has anyone else been? The comments so far leave me undecided.....3 rushed drinks when I will probably need to leave shortly after the experience or ordering mocktails at a very overpricrd rate or are the drinks that weak it dosnet matter?

Oct 7, 2011
Wow seems hype died fast for this? Has anyone else been? The comments so far leave me undecided.....3 rushed drinks when I will probably need to leave shortly after the experience or ordering mocktails at a very overpricrd rate or are the drinks that weak it dosnet matter?
Sounds like you're in exactly the right frame of mind to have a good time. Go for it!

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad