Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 18, 2011
Here's a thought. Let's bring Busch Gardens back to it's roots. Starting with it's proper name (imho), Busch Gardens, The Old Country. I think it would be a good move in differentiating it from every other park out there. It would also be a great template for building and themeing the park moving forward. They had a great concept in the original BG and I think it would be a good move to revisit that. What do you think?[/align]

Agreed. There is something to be said for adherence to a good concept -- instead of trying to bend and flex (and ultimately break) to stretch the concept further and further to incorporate somewhat related content.

The "old Europe" theme shouldn't just be a backdrop on which you plop down a thousand unrelated things. It should be a part of the experience.

And for God's sake, make the Hamlets matter. Don't put something in Germany that has nothing to do with Germany. Just because it's "Europe" themed doesn't means it's got anything to do with Oktoberfest.

Well, I'm OK with the current European theme,not necessarily the Old Country. I'd just like to see more themeing put in place. I don't care what century/decade/era they theme to.

As much as i agree with bringing back the roots...I dont think a petition will make BGW change there mind i mean they have millions invested in the "New" Oktoberfest.

It really wasn't a serious suggestion; more of a playful call-to-arms for all of us here who are way too concerned with the way Busch Gardens themes their hamlets.

Franco said:
New Oktoberfest = exact opposite of Old Country.

Agreed. I really miss the "old" Oktoberfest. The giant flat slab with a couple of carnival rides plunked down on it. So sad they got away from that theme. :p

Shafor said:
Franco said:
New Oktoberfest = exact opposite of Old Country.

Agreed. I really miss the "old" Oktoberfest. The giant flat slab with a couple of carnival rides plunked down on it. So sad they got away from that theme. :p

It's not about what is or isn't there, it's about the style with which it was executed...

Haberdasher1973 said:
I'm not saying this to be mean, but when it comes to artistic nuance you never do...

I would say that's more elitist than mean.

And BTW, when someone complains about every single change the park makes, it's hard to respect their opinion too.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad