Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 19, 2013
Has anyone heard if they will be bringing back the free bring a friend passes this year?  Is this something that usually gets announced at pass member appreciation day?

RE: Will pass member bring a friend be back in 2017?

^ Did I misread something somewhere or perhaps it was for last year, but I thought I remember seeing there were 3 total bring a friend passes (1 each for spring, summer, and fall)? Obviously, it is only 2 for 2017, I was just trying to figure out where I might have read that.

RE: Will pass member bring a friend be back in 2017?

Was looking through both the member guides that have been updated in the last week or so and bring a friend is no where to be found.

Also there is a note on the member page that one day ticket discounts are increasing by $10. 1 - 2 park passes now get $25 off and platinum $30 off single day friends and family tickets is how it's described in the member guides.

"Increased Ticket Discounts for Family & Friends

This year, Annual Pass Members receive an additional $10 off single-day admission ticket for visiting friends and relatives.

1-Park and 2-Park Pass Members receive $25 off Single-Day Tickets while Platinum Pass Members receive $30 off. There's so many exciting things planned for 2017 that you'll want your friends and family to share in the fun.

Discounted Single-Day Tickets are available for Busch Gardens through
Oct. 29, 2017 and Water Country USA through Sept. 10, 2017.

Pass Members can receive these discounts by one of three ways:

Logging in to the Pass Member site with a barcode and zip code
Scanning an active pass at a self-service kiosk located at the front of the park
Visiting any front-gate ticket window"

Bring a Friend gone for 2017?

We are going to go to opening day and planning on bringing a friend. I logged into our account and didn't see any mention of 'Bring a friend' as it was offered last year (1 ticket per pass per season).  In 2016, I could sign-in and print off the bring a friend ticket.  

Under membership benefits it only lists: Discounted single-day guest tickets for family and friends.

Is this bring a friend offer historically available every year? 2016 was our first time as being annual pass members, and it was the main reason we went annual.

RE: Bring a Friend gone for 2017?

The reason for that is because the park removed the free ticket for the spring season this year. Thus it's just avliable for the summer and fall seasons so it still active this year.

Reactions: jornor

Ah, what a bummer. You'd think the summer would be busy enough and they'd want to drive in traffic for the spring.

Reactions: jornor and SWStevo

a lot of spring tickets were unused, and the park had to extend them into the summer which is why they probably did away with the spring ticket.

Reactions: jornor and MAZ

I cant find the email where they said it would be awarded in summer and fall, but I'm pretty sure they sent one. Lots of people on the BF Facebook page are saying that Guest Relations has told them the free friend pass will not be offered this year. Is it possible that they changed their mind and aren't going to offer the pass at in summer and fall after all?

Reactions: jornor and SWStevo

Has anyone gotten confirmation on this one way or another? I find it extremely irritating either way, but still at least having summer and fall will be helpful. We always use the spring tickets for our son's birthday party and the fall tickets for our daughter's birthday party. Since the tickets are free, we spring for the dining plan for everyone, but it looks like it is not to be this year. We can't really justify 4 admission tickets and 8 meal plans. Surely the guests people were bringing were spending money in the park, I can't understand why they would remove this perk...

It was? That doesn't feel right. Did we used to at least get one set of free tix per pass previously? Man, I thought I was too young for memory problems...

Maybe my wife just TOLD me they were free previous years. LOL.

Last year was definitely the first year that they gave advanced notice that they would be available to use anytime during the season all three seasons. They did offer something in the previous years. I dont recall exactly how they did it, but I think it was more restrictive and not planned as far out as they did in 2016.

Reactions: Username and jornor

they had bring a friend tickets for howloscream that could only be used on like fridays or sundays.

There have been periodic bring a friend offers over the years.  I recall a range of discounts from 50% to 100%.

Last year they experimented with offering pass holders one bring a friend for free ticket per season (Spring, Summer, Fall).  I can't think of why anyone would be irritated that they did analysis on the program and decided to modify it.  Presumably, they found that Spring wasn't worth their while.  Perhaps too many people visited for free; maybe it was that few people took advantage of the Spring offer.

Regardless, it was an added benefit, not something anyone was promised as part of the annual pass rate.  I was thrilled to receive an additional perk, but I would never be upset that I didn't get it again.

Pass holders are not entitled to anything beyond the stated set of benefits. Complaining about not receiving an additional perk is in my opinion unreasonable.

At the end of the day, BGW is a business, and one that needs to generate revenue. I, personally, support their making business decisions to help address the budget issues they have had recently.

Oh, I'm sure they have a business reason, and I don't begrudge them doing what they feel is best. My irritation is simply because this decision has thrown a wrench in my plans, not out of some sense of entitlement. Do we know if the perk is gone completely or just the Spring tickets?

My recollection is that we still get Summer and Fall, but I can't verify that from here.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad