Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 24, 2009
From what I have seen GM is a smaller pour. I have seen them before pour it into a plastic cup of a smaller size then pour into the stein. Then again i’ve got full size versions and smaller pours of GM in plastic cups depending on who is pouring. I’m not a Stein Club member.

Reactions: Murphy

Murphy

Silver Donor
Jul 16, 2019
How does anyone feel about Sour Monkey?

I like it. My girlfriend, however, does not. During Christmastown at Grogan's they accidentally gave her Sour Monkey instead and needless to say it took her by surprise.

Nov 1, 2019
Am I remembering correctly that beers are normally $11? So it would take about 20 a year to break even?

Mar 18, 2017
I'll try to answer a couple of the questions. No, a pass discount does not apply to a stein. I think their attitude is you get a discount every time you use it. A refill with tax is $5.55. No matter the beer. The first pour of the season is included with the cost of the stein so you don't start to pay until the second one. Never done the math but it seems to me about 10 refills covers the cost. Now we get to GM. The Virginia ABC is kind of strange when it comes to alcohol content. GM alcohol content actually classifies it differently. I seem to remember the ABV was over 9%. As far as the pour; it depends on who's pouring it. It is supposed to be a 10oz pour, I believe. Some new TM's don't know that and will fill the stein. Usually that is just a lucky pour as they learn pretty quickly. I expect you may get a full pour at the start of the season as the whole Brauhaus crew quit last year and the TMs will be new and not familiar with the restrictions. I guess we'll find out in a month. The other thing about GM is availability. It was really hit or miss last year. I would say it was not available more often than it was available. I'm just going to be curious if they still promote 31 beers on tap. Last year they averaged around 27.

BTW GrandpaD; I like the shirt!

Reactions: Nicole and Murphy
Aug 23, 2017
I'll try to answer a couple of the questions. No, a pass discount does not apply to a stein. I think their attitude is you get a discount every time you use it. A refill with tax is $5.55. No matter the beer. The first pour of the season is included with the cost of the stein so you don't start to pay until the second one. Never done the math but it seems to me about 10 refills covers the cost. Now we get to GM. The Virginia ABC is kind of strange when it comes to alcohol content. GM alcohol content actually classifies it differently. I seem to remember the ABV was over 9%. As far as the pour; it depends on who's pouring it. It is supposed to be a 10oz pour, I believe. Some new TM's don't know that and will fill the stein. Usually that is just a lucky pour as they learn pretty quickly. I expect you may get a full pour at the start of the season as the whole Brauhaus crew quit last year and the TMs will be new and not familiar with the restrictions. I guess we'll find out in a month. The other thing about GM is availability. It was really hit or miss last year. I would say it was not available more often than it was available. I'm just going to be curious if they still promote 31 beers on tap. Last year they averaged around 27.

BTW GrandpaD; I like the shirt!
Yikes, at swo you can get 30oz of any tap in the park including the stands for ~4.20. (80 up front). Also memberships are now good for 365 days. I should xpost in the swo thread....

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
Yikes, at swo you can get 30oz of any tap in the park including the stands for ~4.20. (80 up front). Also memberships are now good for 365 days. I should xpost in the swo thread....
VA has some really weird ABC laws that restrict all sorts of random things.

On another note I thought the mug/Stein at SWO was 20 oz?

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
Its advertised as such, ill grab my nalgene real fast
On the website they advertise it as 20 oz, not the 30 oz that you initially said which I am assuming was a mistype.

They also advertise $5 refills but I am guessing that they allow discounts on the purchase while at BGW they do not allow you to use a discount. It would be nice if it could be a full year from purchase here at BGW.

1582395355807.png

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
I was just about to post about this. Wonder which one is which, but I suppose I have my hunches.
The top one is the base membership and the bottom ones are the limited edition for each location. They are supposed to be 16 oz and 20 oz respectively.

Dang thats steep, $200 for a limited edition mehmbership.

Fwiw i know the metal stien is 20oz from carson’s catalog.
From what I have heard you get both steins so it's an additional $100 for a second. If that's true then that isn't that bad.

Reactions: Zachary and Murphy

Murphy

Silver Donor
Jul 16, 2019
With the Brauhaus slated to be open for the St. Patrick's Day Celebration, I wonder if this means that the clock on our 2020 Stein Club will start, and we can collect and use our steins?

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad