Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
On Sunday the Virginia Pilot ran a piece from the LA Times about Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce.  I have not ridden it, but Brady MacDonald did a nice job with the article.  

Attachments

• Woodie.jpg
    Woodie.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Connor

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Here is the original LA Times piece.

I don't entirely understand why the Virginia Pilot picked it up? We don't have enough amusement park news locally?

Reactions: Zachary

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Nicole said:
Here is the original LA Times piece.

I don't entirely understand why the Virginia Pilot picked it up?  We don't have enough amusement park news locally?

Thanks for the link! I have no idea why the Pilot picked it up, but I am glad they did!

Reactions: Nicole
Apr 29, 2011
Zimmy said:
I have no idea why the Pilot picked it up, but I am glad they did!

I'm guessing since the ride has won many Golden Ticket Awards, the writer is giving the park more exposure as they will be hosting the event this September.

Speaking of the writer, Brady MacDonald, he strictly covers the entire amusement industry for the LA Times.

Last October he even mentioned InvadR in an article as one of the top attractions for 2017.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-tr-top-17-2017-united-states-20161018-snap-story.html

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Brady MacDonald is great. We've spoken briefly before and he has mentioned BGWFans and shared our stories a few times over the years. He's a great voice of reason in a sea of sensationalist, misinformed media coverage of the industry.

Pantheon

Resident Six Flags enthusiast
Jun 14, 2019
www.twitter.com
I rode Boulder Dash in a wheel seat in the front row back in 2016. All I remember about the ride is how close to the mountain we got on the turns, and getting jackhammered during every single airtime moment.

Oct 7, 2011
Boulder Dash really is a "moody" ride. So, so good when running at its best. Particularly touchy, it seems, when faced with the same challenges that all other wood coasters face (and often do a better job of tolerating, for whatever reason).

I don't keep any coaster rankings, but I tend to regard BD a little bit less reverently than those who share theirs. Still, I love riding it whenever I can... great ride.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Given me and Boulder Dash share a birthplace this is my only 100/100 coaster.

At least I can admit I’m biased about it.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad