Books!

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have been looking for a good book to read lately, specifically one about theme parks. Does anyone know if their are some books that dive into the history of theme parks? Thank you!

Feb 6, 2013
Portsmouth, Va
A Dance of Dragons(book 5 in A song of Ice and Fire, for you TV people, that's Game of Thrones)...Chapter 20 and digging it as much as the others. We know Martin is Tolkien-esque in his long windedness, but I like dialogue and set ups for big things!

Apr 9, 2013
Speaking of Tolkien, I'm in the middle of my annual reading of Lord of the Rings. (Yes, I'm a geek....get over it.)

Every year I read it, I discover a new detail I missed, and I LOVE that about this book trilogy.

BTW, my edition of LOTR is the red leather-bound one. Be jealous. Be very jealous. :)

Reactions: Planeteer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
So does anybody have time to read on this site like me? Anyway since it is the offseason and you're probably really bored even though opening is right around the corner. So put what book that your reading and how you feel about it. ( Maybe we could have a park fan book club?Though this thread is going to be looked over easily:D.)

Thomas

Never Sane to Begin With
Silver Donor
Oct 24, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
I've been working on reading everything Tolkien, but I got distracted by a bargain collection of HP Lovecraft stories from Barnes & Noble. They actually have a great collection of classic literature from several big name writers, if that's your sort of thing. Link.

Reactions: Ben and Zachary
Mar 30, 2010
I'm only about 3 books into Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" series. 

Before that I read all of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books so far. 

Mostly Sci-fi/fantasy for me. sometimes I'll check out some crime/war books, but not usually.

Reactions: Username
Sep 24, 2013
Wheel of Time is one of my favorite series. Brandon Sanderson, who writes the final books in the series after Jordan's death, is another great author.

Mar 30, 2010
Yea I'm only halfway through the third book and I am beginning to see what people mean when they say the women just start acting dumb. Have you ever listened to the audiobook version? It is some of the best reading I've ever heard. Micheal Kramer and Kate Reading are perfect.

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
I read 4-6 children's books everyday to my Daughter. I guess you could say that's what I'm into right now. A trip to the library once a week keeps them fresh for her and I both. No authors in particular but she certainly has her favorites. Berenstain Bears and Busytown Mysteries to name a couple.

Sep 24, 2013
I haven't heard the audio book version, I'll have to look for it for my next car trip.  

Jordan's portrayal of women is pretty terrible. I can't remember when it happens in the series (I dont want to accidentally ruin anything...) but the whole love triangle/square that occurs is absurd.

Reactions: pandorazboxx

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I just finished PJ O'Rouke's The Baby Boom, which was typically hilarious.  He seems to have moved past his flirtation with the Tea Party.

I'm now reading Pratchett and Gaiman's Good Omens.  I'm not enjoying it as much as I had expected, given the authors and the book's reputation.  (Although I admit I have found Pratchett's Disc World spotty: some are fantastic and some bore me.)

Those are just my Kindle books.  I tend to have several others going at once: my husband and I are listening to The Hobbit on our car trips (I haven't read it in years); and On Killing is on my nightstand.  I've also been considering re-reading all of the Harry Potter books, before I go to Universal next Summer.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
Mazakman pid=93024 dateline=1393315061 said:
I read 4-6 children's books everyday to my Daughter. I guess you could say that's what I'm into right now. A trip to the library once a week keeps them fresh for her and I both. No authors in particular but she certainly has her favorites. Berenstain Bears and Busytown Mysteries to name a couple.
This!! Dr. Seuss, Sweet Pickles, old Disney storybooks, classic/vintage Arch bible storybooks, etc. :)

Reactions: Planeteer and MAZ
Aug 25, 2012
I've been reading Stephen king (Carrie, salems lot, shining, pet semetary) along with Amityville horror. Scary stuff! :)

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
I just recently started the book "This is How You Die" It's the second book after "Machine of Death". It's a book of short stories all dealing with people who know how they're going to die(Or find out how they're going to die). The stories vary to really funny ones to really heartbreaking ones. It's a lot of fun to read.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad