Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 17, 2017
My kids just got 7000 and 8000 points at Boo Blasters.

Ride broke down.

They turned on the light after a few minutes and then evacuated the ride a couple minutes after that.
HOW ARE THOSE EVEN POSSIBLE?!?! My highest was something like 2149 and that was from riding alone.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
If the ride breaks down, it is pretty easy. I've maxed out the counter (9999) that way before.

Reactions: Nibbins
Apr 17, 2017
I have heard that the one at Carowinds doesn’t have the cars stop anymore in the station, they keep moving at a slow pace now (similar to what they did with Scooby Doo/Pirates at SFFT). I’m curious if our Boo Blasters is going to follow suit, because I also heard from some workers about how improvements will be made to the ride to reduce downtime. Because a huge chunk of Boo Blasters’ downtime’s this season apparently were from cars bumping into one another in the station.

Reactions: Mushroom

Nibbins

Resident Rat
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
Doesn't sound very friendly to handicapped people to keep the cars moving.
You'd think its possible to prevent the cars from running into each other at the station.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I'd venture to guess that ADA compliance was one of the things they'd have looked into before changing to continuous loading since nobody enjoys being on the receiving end of a lawsuit.

Also, didn't the ops manual indicate there's a way for ops to manually jog cars into position this leading to potential bumps?

Apr 17, 2017
Doesn't sound very friendly to handicapped people to keep the cars moving.
You'd think its possible to prevent the cars from running into each other at the station.
In that case, there’d be a button to stop all motion in the station to make it easier for handicaps to get on a car. You could argue that it would make everyone want to continue having cars stop in the station for loading/unloading, but my answer to that is why did Six Flags and Carowinds implement the continuous system in the first place? Surely they still get handicap guests as well.

Reactions: Jonesta6
Login or Register to Hide This Ad