Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Full story.

WTOP News said:
County Fire Department spokesman Mark Brady tweeted Wednesday that county fire and police were at the amusement park in Upper Marlboro while the bomb squad investigated. He says members of the squad determined that two suspicious packages were not explosive and that authorities are searching the park.

Reactions: wombat96

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
Shortly after the Boston Marathon bombing I was at BGW and saw an abandoned backpack sitting on a bench in the open. I told a staff member about it and she gave me a dubious look - which I completely understand, but at the same time better safe than sorry. I've never reported any suspicious items before or after that incident and I'm not really one to be on the lookout for it, but I mean... to borrow a phrase:

James said:
Happy 2016

Reactions: Zimmy
Sep 30, 2015
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Six-Flags-America-Evacuated-392992781.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand

Six Flags America has been evacuated for shooting/bombing threats today.

From NBC4:

Six Flags America, in Prince George’s County, Maryland, was evacuated for an unknown reason Saturday afternoon.
Maryland State Police said they received a phone call around 1:30 p.m., saying there was a bomb at the park, and people would be shot. They notified the park about the threat.
A spokeswoman for the park said out of an abundance of caution, authorities have asked them to clear the park.
“The safety of our guests and employees is always our highest priority,” the spokeswoman said.
Police said there were about 3,000 people in the park at the time of the evacuation.
Prince George's County police said they found nothing at the park that presented a danger. The park was in the process of closing for a private event when the evacuation occurred. It is expected to reopen normallly.

Source: Six Flags America Evacuated Due to Threats | NBC4 Washington http://www.nbcwashington.com

Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad