Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
For those on a basic tier membership, they've removed the blackout on this coming weekend.

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
Blackout also lifted at WCUSA

Apr 5, 2017
Interesting. Would the cause of this be...

A. Lower than expected crowds this week and expecting it to continue through the weekend so the need to increase attendance
B. Didn't want to deal with many ticked off people being turned away
C. There really aren't that many people that purchased the basic membership in the first place and this will have minimal effect on attendance anyway and the park said might as well get some good publicity.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
Interesting. Would the cause of this be...

A. Lower than expected crowds this week and expecting it to continue through the weekend so the need to increase attendance
B. Didn't want to deal with many ticked off people being turned away
C. There really aren't that many people that purchased the basic membership in the first place and this will have minimal effect on attendance anyway and the park said might as well get some good publicity.

My guess would be the rain that is expected this weekend. So basically attendance will probably be less than they were hoping so they are hoping a few more people will come

Apr 5, 2017
I would be curious what percentage of members are basic? I just don't see the reason to join this level, with the double whammy of only reduced parking and blackout dates, and prices not much different than the next tier.

Apr 5, 2017
I did that but I had the rest of the family get funcards which were cheaper and didn't have blackout dates. We really don't care to go to Halloscream and live too far away for Christmastown for a 1 or 2 day trip.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I, personally, wouldn’t go to the park on most blocked-out days, regardless. With exception of CT, they seem to be the busiest days, which I like to avoid.

Especially since Basic members can buy tickets for $25 on blocked-out dates, I think it makes sense for people who care about HOS and CT. Basic memberships do get benefits that Fun Passes don’t, as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaineers
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad