Black Friday Sale

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Sep 24, 2018
It depends on what you purchase. Memberships are good for a year from purchase and fun cards are good until September 13th, 2020.

Mar 31, 2014
It seems all the memberships are part of this. Has anyone tried to change from the grandfathered Premier to the new Platinum? I don't want to lose anything or mess up the attached dining plan.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
It seems all the memberships are part of this. Has anyone tried to change from the grandfathered Premier to the new Platinum? I don't want to lose anything or mess up the attached dining plan.
A handful of us have done exactly that over the last few days. The optimal strategy seems to be to talk to a customer service person at the park before you do anything to confirm that they believe it's possible and then buy your new pass on your phone while you're standing there at customer service. You don't want to end up with a second EZPay contract and a customer service person who says "there's nothing we can do." I warn you of this because Nicole and I were told that exactly that when we tried this the first time around.

Anyway, tell them what you're wanting to do and ask them how to do it. That way, if something goes wrong (like it did for Nicole and I the second time we tried this), a supervisor can clean up the mess.

Anyway, the correct process seems to be...
  1. Buy a new Platinum online (via phone at guest services).
  2. Have customer service transfer your meal plan to the new pass.
  3. Cancel the old grandfathered Premier.
It seems like it should be pretty straightforward, but it was quite a headache when we tried to do it the other day. On our second try (after we were told it was impossible), the employee only agreed to attempt it under direction from a supervisor... And then this employee failed to follow his directions and cancelled our previous passes before moving the meal plan over. In the end the supervisor had to comp us entirely new meal plans to fix the problem.

So yeah, all that said, there's no easy, straightforward way to do this. That said, if you find a customer service person who knows what they're doing, it's definitely possible.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
NC
BUT, will they pop up in12 months and just raise the prices to the current rack rate? Or, will this stay good for the 5 or so years I've heard about for current pass lock-in prices? Not that I totally don't trust them anymore, or anything like that.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
The discounted rate only lasts 12 months—they actually did a really good job disclosing that on the page for the promotion in my honest opinion.

Anyway, two Food & Wine festival items each visit, reride privileges, 20% off food and merch, and exclusive Pantheon access were good enough to get me to upgrade.

Nov 24, 2009
I feel like they are offering way too much for Pantheon, exclusive access, 1st to ride, and so on. If they do like that have for every other ride they will soft open and general park guests will ride it before the exclusive ride times or before the 1st ride folks ride. I know, thats 1st officila riders. With all the quick queues they handed out the first week the standby line will probably be shorter.

• Dislike
Reactions: Zimmy and Joe

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Yall can use your eye rolls and dislikes all you want, but dont complain when the lines a mile long for QQ and stanby isnt moving when it opens.
None of us have any data on how many Pantheon single-use QuickQueues were actually handed out. I'd be willing to bet that the VAST majority of membership holders had no idea the promotion was going on and even fewer ever actually went to the park and redeemed them. Furthermore, a good subset of the ones that were actually redeemed are going to be forgotten, lost, or otherwise go unused for whatever reason.

If there's a mile long QQ line for Pantheon next spring that is forcing the park to hardly take anyone from standby, I'll happily eat my words. Right now, we don't have any data and hence, it feels sorta, well, eye-roll-worthy, to be complaining about "too much of a good thing" at this stage.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
Can we all take sides and the loser has to eat their quick queue voucher? That sound more fun than eating your words.

Jul 31, 2016
Southern Va
Doesn’t BGW and most other parks use a 1/4 system? Only 1/4th of the train can be loaded with QQ folks. I thought this was how it worked at the park. I know Cedar Fair uses the system.

Reactions: Gavin
Login or Register to Hide This Ad