Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Pretzel Kaiser

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2011
Here are pics of the menu items for the Bistro 205 full service restaurant.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 199
RE: Bistro 205 Full Service Menu

signature entrees appear to be able to be gotten from the main eateries. Anything there unique to Bistro? I am interested if there is anyplace where I can get those cheese fries.

Are the Panninis served anywhere else? I know those cordon bleu sliders are original.

That is true, the fried chicken the park has is pretty rad.

The Bistro menu seems like a bit of a cop out IMO. I mean, "park favorites" or whatever? They could have thrown together a few original dishes. Like some nice French bistro items to add some much needed "french" flair to the area. Maybe down the road? Maybe this is just them getting their big toe wet in the whole sit down dining arena?

Just to give folks who haven't been there, this is what the menu is like at Tampa's sit-down restaurant, The Crown Colony House:
gallery_4_542_268639.jpg

gallery_4_542_163872.jpg

gallery_4_542_271913.jpg

gallery_4_542_337647.jpg

Unique offerings give people a reason to choose something other than the usual quick-serve. On a relatively recent visit, we sought out one of the restaurant's managers to give them our compliments, and we told them how much we'd like a similar restaurant in Williamsburg. Apparently, Team Tampa offered their assistance a few years back (perhaps the last time this was attempted at Bistro 205?)... and Team Williamsburg turned their noses up at the offer.

It's amazing how creative the culinary team gets for ChristmasTown, yet they seem so uninspired for the Bistro...

[Added spoiler tags because of the huge images. ;) ~Swiftman]

Colony House has an outstanding family style meal. It is a must do in the park. I only wish a similar would hit here.

For last year's (2011) 4th of July program, I signed up for the buffet at Bistro 205. Pretty good ribs. Then you could look up with no obstructions and see the fireworks exploding above your head. Very nice !

However, this year, (2012) it turns out that this buffet / fireworks program on the 4th of July will be done at the Festhaus Park / Black Forest Picnic Pavilion.

Huh ?

I have been there for the 2012 Annual Pass Members' Preview Day. The place has a canopy of trees, how can we see anything ?

I never ate here when it was a buffet or a full service restaurant. I wish they would return it to a counter service restaurant with fried chicken again. I used to love it back then, and I'd eat there again each trip.

So assuming this is correct, I wonder when they made this decision. The location is still on the map. Is it still listed on the website?

EDIT:
Yes. Yes it is. What gives?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad