Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
OK folks, the Almighty chickenking may be taking an impromptu trip down to Orlando very soon and needs some information.  Specifically, big boy ride issues.  Everyone knows I'm 6'5", broad-shouldered, etc. etc.  I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last 6 months but have more to go.  I can ride Nessie just fine at BGW.  I dunno just yet if I can ride anything else there; will find out this weekend.  I was close on Griffon & Verbolten back in December.  Help?!?

Also, I'm sure there is a better place for this, but if you have any suggestions to make my possible trip go more efficient, please share your tips and tricks.

Thanks,

CK

SeaWorld's two large coasters are B&Ms- expect seat dimensions similar to Alpengeist and Griffon.

I'm actually super curious about how accommodating B&M Flyer seats are compared to standard B&M sitdown restraints- be sure to report back if you would :)

Do me a favor boys and girls, one poster start a list of Problem and No Problem rides for a big boy. Then each sequential poster quote it and then add/edit it. That would be most useful for me at this time. Thanks.

Reactions: Party Rocker
I think that the only place you might run into any problems would be Manta, perhaps Kracken, but if you are able to fit on Alpengeist and Griffon at the time, you should be fine on Kracken. Unless I'm not thinking about something else, everything else in the park accommodates big and tall people, so you should be for the most part, fine.

You should have no problem on the Antarctica ride, and of course Wild Arctic should be fine, as well.

It's even worse than Europe in the Air, well at least the movements are, but the theme somewhat fits. And don't take the walk through version, it is no where near the wait that it usually has.

Totally agree! I do like to walk through the exhibit, though. We always take the walking side and try to skip the movie. I love the animals, especially the beluga whales.

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
Yes, if the wait for the walkthrough is <20 minutes then you should do it, if it's more than that, I wouldn't recommend it.

OK. I need to defend Wild Arctic a bit here. The animals in the exhibit are awesome. And there are a lot of cool, hands-on things for kids to do inside the "station." Plus, it is indoors and air conditioned, which is nice in Florida in the summer.

I just don't personally think the ride side or the movie add much to the experience. But I certainly wouldn't skip it, unless the lines are always long, when you are there. From my experience, the walking side is usually a very short line, except sometimes at Christmas, when it is the Polar Express.

Hey CK, just wondering, when do you plan on visiting Seaworld? Soon after BGW opens, or a little later? I would help out more, but I think everyone else has already summed things up.

Here is a photo of Kraken's restraint CK. (notice the slack in the safety belt)

Edit...I found this thread with numerous 'specific' measurements for riding Manta. There is also a blog link (which I did not look at) that may give more info. http://www.disboards.com/archive/index.php/t-2688363.html

Attachments

• Kraken1.jpg
    Kraken1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: chickenking
chickenking said:
Are any of the coasters OTS restraints like Nessie?

Sorry CK, but there aren't any Arrows at Seaworld. As stated above, Kraken is a sitdown B&M (restraints like Alpengeist) and Manta, which has a vest which is hard to compare anything with.
SeaWorld-Orlando-1.jpg

Course, there's always Shamu Express with lap bars like Grover's Alpine Express has. :p But I'm afraid there aren't any OTSRs like Nessie has. :(

Reactions: chickenking
Keep in mind that Sea World is really nothing like BG. The main focus is the animals. Although the exhibits have integrated rides and other elements to make them "attractions," at the end of the day, you spend most of your day viewing and feeding animals. There is a children's area with a bunch of kiddie rides, including a coaster; there are two B&Ms (one of which is integrated with a cool aquarium); and there is a Pompeii-like ride, which is way better in my opinion. Other than that, you are mostly going through animal exhibits. As I mentioned before, Antarctica and Wild Arctic have rides integrated with the exhibit.

One important note: there are reserved Platinum seats at most (maybe all?) of the shows. And yes, even I like most of the shows, especially Blue Horizons.

Also, be sure to feed the rays and sea lions. Totally worth it.

And, as always, I advocate a behind the scenes tour.

Nic, is my BGW Platinum good for the reserved seats there or does that HOME PARK thing come in to play?
And is that posted online or something; how do u take advantage of it?

I haven't been, since they posted that list with the "home park" caveat, so I'm not sure. That said, given how it works, I don't think it should be an issue. The Platinum seats are marked and there is an attendant. You show him/her your pass and then you can sit there. BGT has Platinum reserved seats, as well.

You should (I hope) still be able to get all of your in-park discounts, as well. That includes feeding the dolphins, rays, etc; food; and merchandise.

I forgot to mention the dolphin feeding previously. It is very cool, but the lines get long.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad