Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Peter R. said:
To my knowledge the outside seats on Apollo's are set up for larger guests.

Usually the ride attendant knows if there are seats for larger guests. And usually in the in line video it would tell you. But before we start bickering over this lets get someone to go to the park and ask someone. Because both of us maybe wrong.

And Alpengeist does tell you in the in line video that it has seats for larger guests, it also has a sign.

JuniorBGWfan28 said:
Peter R. said:
To my knowledge the outside seats on Apollo's are set up for larger guests.

Usually the ride attendant knows if there are seats for larger guests. And usually in the in line video it would tell you. But before we start bickering over this lets get someone to go to the park and ask someone. Because both of us maybe wrong.

And Alpengeist does tell you in the in line video that it has seats for larger guests, it also has a sign.
Ride attendants are payed to stand there and make sure your tall enough to ride. You think they'd know specifically whether the ride has big seats? There are ride attendants that take their job seriously and try to keep you informed. Then there are the ones that don't care about their job. Pretty sure you could trust someone on these forums over a ride attendant. :p

Hey now, ride attendants also operate the ride too. They get payed to push buttons and speak occasionally as well as making sure people are tall enough to ride.

Look under insider tips for Griffon and Alpengeist on the BGW Website.(Urls follow below)
Griffon
Alpengeist
It says where the seats for bigger people are right?
Now let's take a look at Apollo's Chariot insider tip.
Apollo's Chariot
Yea that is what I thought.:p
Edit: Sorry about problems with Griffon link. Fixed.

Alpenghöst said:
destroyer421 said:
Pretty sure you could trust someone on these forums over a ride attendant.

This is true. Ride attendants are highly inaccurate, forum members are far more reliable.

My Last post ^^^ up there (check it out) begs to differ, when I said that I believed the ride attendant, Oh! Wait the ride attendant was right too!:shocked: How could it be?:p

Am I missing something? Though the Alpengeist and Griffon link do mention seats for large chests, AC does not help.

Also, please keep the back and forth chiding out of this. ;)

chickenking said:
Am I missing something? Though the Alpengeist link does mention seats for large chests, AC does not help and Griffon link is broken or something.

Also, please keep the back and forth chiding out of this. ;)

It's all fixed now check it out, and sorry I brag a lot though.;)

chickenking said:
Am I missing something? Though the Alpengeist and Griffon link do mention seats for large chests, AC does not help.

That's the point Chickenking, in case you didn't notice we were bickering back and forth about weather or not Apollo's chariot had a seat for larger guests or not. So I provided the links to show you guys that if AP did have seats for larger guests then they would've listed it. So the moral of the story was I was right. Again sorry I like to brag.

While that might be the case, I wouldn't discount firsthand experiences so easily. Keeping in mind that Alpie and Griffon use OTS restraints. The links reference "chests larger than 52". AC uses a lap bar where chest size may not be an issue. Now this may not matter to most, but there is a difference between SEATS FOR LARGER GUESTS and a seat that is actually bigger than the other seats. Meaning is the seat merely set up with longer belts or more forgiving sensors? Or is it physically BIGGER; wider, deeper, etc. That's what I want to know, and the web site does not elaborate on this. Is it possible that they forgot about info for AC? Sure, but I want confirmation on that. And I have FORUM users here saying otherwise. I will take all the information and check it out for myself and then share. It wouldn't be the first time that the BGW web site had incorrect or incomplete info. And if it turns out that you or another are correct, I gladly give credit where due.

Just throwing this out there. I can't vouch for big boy seats on Apollo, but the ride isn't very accomodating to people with large thighs. A number of my friends tried to ride but couldn't get the lapbar to lock because of their legs.

Reactions: chickenking
chickenking said:
While that might be the case, I wouldn't discount firsthand experiences so easily. Keeping in mind that Alpie and Griffon use OTS restraints. The links reference "chests larger than 52". AC uses a lap bar where chest size may not be an issue. Now this may not matter to most, but there is a difference between SEATS FOR LARGER GUESTS and a seat that is actually bigger than the other seats. Meaning is the seat merely set up with longer belts or more forgiving sensors? Or is it physically BIGGER; wider, deeper, etc. That's what I want to know, and the web site does not elaborate on this. Is it possible that they forgot about info for AC? Sure, but I want confirmation on that. And I have FORUM users here saying otherwise. I will take all the information and check it out for myself and then share. It wouldn't be the first time that the BGW web site had incorrect or incomplete info. And if it turns out that you or another are correct, I gladly give credit where due.
Okay but I think that if they told you on Griffon, and Alpengeist, than they would've told you on AP, but I MAYBE wrong. If you want to know I would suggest for you to e-mail Guest Relations I'm sure they will tell you.

What I am interested in is it first-hand experiences. I don't care what guest relations, operators or the Busch website has to say. That would most likely be a cookie-cutter answer. You could talk to multiple BG reps and get multiple, different answers. Please stop pushing the word of Busch as gospel. I'm taking people's contributions here and will find out in person for myself. Thanks for your input. ;)

I've seen multiple times where someone doesn't fit on an inside seat and they release the row and have the person switch with someone on the outside of the row and then give it another shot.

Edit: Sorry, I'm talking about Apollo's Chariot

JuniorBGWfan28 said:
Okay but I think that if they told you on Griffon, and Alpengeist, than they would've told you on AP, but I MAYBE wrong. If you want to know I would suggest for you to e-mail Guest Relations I'm sure they will tell you.

I did e-mail guest relations, just to see their answer and here it goes:

Dear Cody,

Thank you for contacting Busch Gardens Williamsburg. At our major coasters, we
have a test seat located at the front of the queue lines for guests to determine
whether the ride seat will accommodate them. At all other rides, we ask guests
to take a seat on the train or car in order to assess whether or not they can
ride one of our rides. Our rides have ratcheted locking systems or lap bars; if
those safety systems cannot be engaged, we regretfully ask a guest to debark and
exit for their safety. Our trains and cars cannot depart the station if the
safety systems for every rider have not locked. Unfortunately, it is not weight
but height and body shape that interfere with our locking systems. Due to the
extensive variations in body shape among our guests, we cannot provide a list of
which rides an individual might not be able to ride (barring only Alpengeist
whose maximum girth measurement (52") was specified by the ride manufacturer).

Griffon's trains are unique and feature three rows of 10 seats. They also
feature over-the-shoulder harness restraints. Four of the 30 seats on each
train are designed to accommodate chest sizes as large as 52 inches. These four
seats are located as follows: one in the front row, two in the middle row, and
one in the back row. In addition, Griffon has a test seat at the front of the
line for guests to determine whether the ride seat will accommodate them.

We hope the information provided has be helpful. If you'd like to speak with
someone directly, feel free to contact our Customer Sales and information center
at 1-800-343-7946. Enjoy your future visits to the park!

Sincerely,

Olufunlayo
Guest Correspondence Team
Busch Gardens Williamsburg

So basically, it's as we thought. It is all based on personal build rather than weight. Also, I think the name on the e-mail is fake. So, see Junior, no help from BGW.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad