Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
My friend took this a few years ago.

Taken near dusk on opening day 2008.

600855_10151643711726796_1576488707_n.jpg

BBW's lift and drop reflection - photo taken from the trestle.

I have always associated BBW with that kind of sky; kind of cloudy with the Sun slowly coming out. Don't know if it's because I mostly rode it in that weather, or maybe a deeper meaning. I like the picture a lot.

It kind of incorporates everything I think about when I think of BBW. The weather, the Rhine River (the drop first comes to mind every time), and the trees/forestry.

Reactions: Unagi and Planeteer
Hoopla said:
Hey, I was looking at pictures online (yes, I know, I'm a creeper :p) and I found this picture. I don't know if it was after it closed, or during one of the offseasons. Enjoy :)

I believe those are cars going to a museum.

Reactions: Coasternerd
My FAVORITE ride!! Loved it! Rode it more than any of the others. I so wish that they would make a ride just like this.. same kind of cars and all.. but call it The Revenge of the Big Bad Wolf. That's what they should have done with VB. JMO.

I don't remember much from my one and only ride, but I remember some bits and pieces of it. Not only was my only ride, but it was the introduction to what I am today; a roller coaster enthusiast. My first Verbolten ride was during Christmas Town consisted of a huge flashback during the 2nd launch and ascent up to the bridge. I remember sitting in the middle of the back left of one the carts that swung freely while traveling at the speed of fright through the bavarian village. The best memory I have during the ride was the train leveling out and making the slow left turn before dropping into the Rhine River. My memory goes blank after the drop which reminds me of one of Nora's photos on BGWMemories facebook... which I can't seem to find at the moment... oh well.

I try really hard to remember the ride and I can remember the layout at the top of my head, but what I can't do, is remember sitting in that black bucket swinging through the village. Anyways, I think my sad flashback story is done.

Also worth to note that during my visit to the park last week (June 23-26) I rode Bolt about 8 or so times and I got the wolf ending every time except for one time.

It was one taken from the San Marco bridge and you (or someone else) edited the bottom of the drop to fade away and all that was left was the footers towards the right. And I believe the train was at the bottom. It had the full drop, but the turn faded away. I think.. I could be thinking of a video. It's been a crazy 48 hours :p. It may not be on the Facebook.

Wish I was there on the last day to give it a proper parting but I got plenty of final rides the week I visited before it closed. It feels weirder to say you have a bond with a coaster compared to a whole park, but Big Bad Wolf was pretty darn important to me. The closest coaster I can think of that I've bonded with is probably Avalanche or even Grizzly, and I really wouldn't throw anywhere near as much of a stink about their closing as I did for the Wolf. Hell I probably wouldn't even book a trip for last rides like I did with BBW...

Evan said:
It was one taken from the San Marco bridge and you (or someone else) edited the bottom of the drop to fade away and all that was left was the footers towards the right. And I believe the train was at the bottom. It had the full drop, but the turn faded away. I think.. I could be thinking of a video. It's been a crazy 48 hours :p. It may not be on the Facebook.
There is a video on Youtube, a BBW tribute, where at the end the train fades away on the turn after the last drop.

Reactions: Julia
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad