Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Jul 31, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Get those wallets ready—you can now buy (one of?) the Big Bad Wolf car(s?) BGW has had sitting in the boneyard.

View attachment 23908

May the best BGW fan win.
Hmmm... I wonder what my apartment complex would think if that just showed up on a permanent basis in the space beside where I always park my car...🤔

Jul 31, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Hobby project to convert to a street legal ride?
I just renewed my lease a month ago. Some of the terms include no vehicle maintenance to be done in designated parking spaces, etc. I’d love to read an updated lease agreement (which would be given to all current and new tenants) that includes prohibiting the storage of coaster equipment. Wow, that would feel like such an achievement on my part, in addition to being able to just chill in that thing and find a chain/anti-rollback sound and play it on loop on my phone. I’d definitely be single again and forever.

If I seriously had the cash and my own home with a garage, I’d love to have it. As I’ve stated a while ago here, BBW was my first actual coaster and I rode it with my dad who is no longer with me back in 94 (I think it was that year) so that would be neat. I hope it goes to a wonderful home.

Last edited:

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
It sure would—but I struggled to justify my egg at a tiny fraction of the cost that this Big Bad Wolf car is going for.

I just hope that whoever ultimately buys this thing will give it a good home—somewhere sheltered from the sun/rain/snow at least. Ideally the person who buys it would be a member here or at least a BGWFans reader so we could keep in touch/keep tabs on the car's whereabouts—but I don't know how likely that is now that it has gotten so much attention.

BGWFans would really like to do a story on the purchase if the eventual buyer is interested—we'd love to photograph the move, photograph the train in detail for posterity (it is a dying coaster model after all), and share a bit with folks about who buys an Arrow suspended car. I think it would be a really interesting piece.

Also, lastly, I also hope whoever wins this is thinking about the logistics here. That car isn't gonna be light. My egg is much smaller and presumably MUCH lighter, and it was already an awkward loading and unloading hassle. I'm pretty sure this thing will require a forklift to get it on or off a truck. The transportation of this thing alone is likely to be a rather significant additional cost.

Mar 24, 2021
It sure would—but I struggled to justify my egg at a tiny fraction of the cost that this Big Bad Wolf car is going for.

I just hope that whoever ultimately buys this thing will give it a good home—somewhere sheltered from the sun/rain/snow at least. Ideally the person who buys it would be a member here or at least a BGWFans reader so we could keep in touch/keep tabs on the car's whereabouts—but I don't know how likely that is now that it has gotten so much attention.

BGWFans would really like to do a story on the purchase if the eventual buyer is interested—we'd love to photograph the move, photograph the train in detail for posterity (it is a dying coaster model after all), and share a bit with folks about who buys an Arrow suspended car. I think it would be a really interesting piece.

Also, lastly, I also hope whoever wins this is thinking about the logistics here. That car isn't gonna be light. My egg is much smaller and presumably MUCH lighter, and it was already an awkward loading and unloading hassle. I'm pretty sure this thing will require a forklift to get it on or off a truck. The transportation of this thing alone is likely to be a rather significant additional cost.
I was thinking you could probably get it on a uhaul trailer on a pallet.

Reactions: Travis...

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Without doing any actual research, I'm hoping the organization that bought it is a legit aid to children with cancer or other life-threatening diseases and can really give the kids and their families a 'magical' moment with a ride they'd never otherwise get to take.

Travis...

Professional Pantheon Simp
Jul 7, 2019
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
Without doing any actual research, I'm hoping the organization that bought it is a legit aid to children with cancer or other life-threatening diseases and can really give the kids and their families a 'magical' moment with a ride they'd never otherwise get to take.
The car was actually donated by BGW to Give Kids The World along with other items like a Loch Ness Monster Car, Curse of DarKastle sign, and some other things. You can find more information on GKTW Here

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Seems like they have a neat situation though interesting to me that I've never heard of any resort in central Florida ran by a nonprofit let alone one this one - learn something new everyday I suppose.

I also realized my mistake - I was under the impression that the charity won the ebay auction and not that they're the benefactor.

Reactions: Travis...
Oct 25, 2014
Virginia Beach
Oh yea GLTW is awesome, I found out about them like 4 years ago when I was reading about the ToysRUs in NYC closing, the cars from the ferris wheel were sent there. It was founded by a Holocaust survivor named Henri Landwirth and the vacations they give the kids seem amazing. I did a few papers about it in high school! I hope they get all the money they can get from these auctions!

Login or Register to Hide This Ad