Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: German Beer Festival : Fall 2015

First impression. SEHR GUT. (Very good - learn your German)

Second impression, is this redundant? I totally realize the overlap of the actual Oktoberfest, but does this take away from/seem to mirror F&WF?

I'm excited, but I'm definitely interested in learning more.

Reactions: Nicole and GeoUSA

According to the Fun Tracker the "Busch Gardens Bier Festival" will be held on Saturdays and Sundays from September 12th-September 20th(4 days total). I suppose you could call this the park's "buffer event" between SSN and HOS. That means non-stop special events from when the F&WF starts to when CT ends.

Reactions: Nicole

The park wants everyone drunk so nobody will notice how bad it has become.

Edit:
SARCASM.gif

*rolls eyes*

Slipping off topic for a second here, the park does many things we don't like. It is still a lovely, relaxing, and fun escape that I much prefer to many other places, including other theme parks. Snark for it's own sake contributes nothing to the conversation.

I think Joe holds the record for getting the most Nicole eye rolls directed at him. :p

Reactions: Mushroom

This makes sense to me. Those are slow days. Alcohol makes money. It should help build revenue.

The event sounds small. I feel it will not take up much space or change the park completely.

Reactions: Peej1212
RE: German Beer Festival: Fall 2015

I'd like to attend it, but I was hoping they'd offer the bring a guest for free or half price that weekend. I get a season pass but the hubby only gets summer pass, so we couldn't go together. :(

RE: German Beer Festival: Fall 2015

Info about the first Bier Fest has been released to the site.
vHUNtn8.jpg

Busch Gardens Williamsburg said:
More than 200 years of Oktoberfest traditions come to life this fall at the all-new Busch Gardens® Bier Fest. Raise your glass with a variety of draft beer, traditional German food, live music and more in this unique Bavarian celebration. Prost!
Dates: Sept. 12, 13, 19, and 20
Times: 11 a.m. – Park Close
It appears a few Bands will be playing during the event.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg said:
Sept. 12 & 13
The Happy Wanderers
Villiage Stage: 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Kevin MaC
Das Festhaus Stage: 12 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Sept. 19 & 20
The Happy Wanderers
Villiage Stage: 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Harley Boone
Das Festhaus Stage: 12 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
I've always wanted to see a German event in the fall in the Oktoberfest area themed to well, Oktoberfest. While this event doesn't really appeal to everyone as its main focus is the alcoholic beverages, it does offer bands in which anyone can enjoy and prevents a main theater from having an dark stage. This event appears to be in good shape in it's first year and will be a nice little addition before HOS starts up.

I know I was skeptical about this event at first, because of the "booze gap" and everything. But I can't say there is much wrong with this event. I'm really excited about the live music, and I'm just glad the park is making a notable event out of an actual European tradition. I do wish however they would focus a little more on actually replicating Oktoberfest(RIP TIO) during the main season, since that is what that hamlet is named after.

Anyways, I wonder what and where the "Village Stage" will be located?

Reactions: Zachary
That stage has been gone since 2013. Although, I imagine it could be possible that they set another one up in that location for the event. But I think they would want the stage to be a little more important, and closer to the main pathway, so I was thinking somewhere near/around the Festhaus.

I think that while having alcohol as a main component of an event is sketchy at times. I do like alot about this event, as Thomas states above the logo is really cool. And i know from working different events that unfortunately Alcohol= people and People= money. And i like them bringing live music in the park. Hopefully it will be a good step for BGW and something that can generate some revenue, and something that if done correctly can be a returning event. :)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad