Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The last few balloon tests were fairly well known to being done those days by employees.

Even before documents were filed, actually.

2021 was a similar situation, I think.

There may be more story there than just someone happening to drive by and take pictures
Yeah but balloon tests are not a short time frame. The balloon can be up for a pretty considerable amount of time. Certainly long enough for people to see it.

So I think a somewhat 'grassroots' way of getting BGWFans contribution to BGW's community more seen and hopefully invited back would be the most powerful:

So here's the thought (and I'm willing to do this if @Zachary and @Nicole like this). Every time you got to the park, take a picture of something that's really share worthy (timed up coasters, cool exposures, things like that). Tag both BGWFans and BGW. Add some positive hashtags. I'm talking about pictures and captions so good that BGW social media will want to share it.

Basically me thought here is almost force them to ignore all this positivity on social media that includes BGWFans OR make them have to retweet or like it so it gets seen. The other idea here is when someone searches for BGW on twitter, they're going to see all of this going on.

Am I asking for something big here? Sure. Am I asking us to ignore bad stuff? No. I'm just asking that we flood all manners of social media with co-tagged items that show BGWFans has big time community support within BGW.

My small contribution to the above:.

Last year the park was really pushing the hashtag #mybgwstory so any 'campain' we run - it might be good to include that too.

Reactions: warfelg
My small contribution to the above:.

Last year the park was really pushing the hashtag #mybgwstory so any 'campain' we run - it might be good to include that too.

I would hashtag the drop out of it TBH. @ both BGW and BGWFans. # SEAS, BGW, Busch Gardens, MyBGWStory, ACE, (no matter what you think of them), Themeparks, Amusement Parks, Colonial Williamsburgh, WCUSA.....basically anything related that people would search in relation to BGW.

Reactions: BenWilkerson
Personally I hope they never let BGW Fans back for any media event. What you all have done is immoral, disgusting, rude, and unprofessional. Shame on you.

Just kidding. Pissed off BGW Fans is the best BGW Fans. The past week has been a blast ?

Personally I hope they never let BGW Fans back for any media event. What you all have done is immoral, disgusting, rude, and unprofessional. Shame on you.

Just kidding. Pissed off BGW Fans is the best BGW Fans. The past week has been a blast ?
But they work better angry so.....

Reactions: BGWnut
I would buy this in a heartbeat. Just a white shirt that says #freebgwfans on the front. Can we make this happen?

So I think that anything like this will be have to be put together by the community. I suspect the admins cant risk being directly involved; regardless of how much they might want to.

But if someone wants to start tracking it for feasibility; I'd buy one, but I won't likely be able to come out to show my support at the park anytime near when Pantheon opens. My wife and I just had our third; so at this point I'm not sure if I'll make it out to the park at all this year.

This seems like a total non sequitur, but someone mentioned something a few posts back that made me think about Dan Dipiazzo. While looking for a specific quote to share, I stumbled across something else. Hence, this post.

The start of our relationship with BGW back in 2016 was really uncomfortable for both parties I think. We were both very weary of one another (coming off of literally like five+ years straight with zero communication) and there was a lot of history to put behind us. Anyway, we each exchanged a few olive branches and started to get along pretty nicely. Our relationship was really testy at times, but ultimately Dan completely understood BGWFans, our readers, and our coverage needs. He understood that we were going to do a lot of things that would make BGW very unhappy. That said, he also understood that, at the end of the day, it is better for everyone involved if we worked together wherever common ground existed.

I know we were a huge risk for him to take on and I can't thank him enough for giving us a chance. I hope we did him proud. Things may have fallen apart since that time, but BGWFans and Dan Dipiazzo did some great work together and I wish it could have lasted longer than it did.

Anyway, that email I rediscovered... I wanted to share part of it. A few days before his Williamsburg departure was announced, Dan penned a note to Nicole and I specifically to let us know what was about to happen. A lot of the email contains more personal and professional detail than I want to share, so I clipped those parts out. The BGWFans-specific parts are included below though.

Nicole and Zachary – First, I want to thank you again for working with us so collaboratively on the Membership rollout and soliciting ideas for additional Member benefits. This has been extremely helpful, and I trust it will be mutually beneficial as some of these ideas become implemented.

[... Private Details Removed ...]

I wanted to share this news with you not to make a big deal about myself, but to encourage you to continue doing what you do best, which is reporting with a level of detail and commitment that serves true fans of the parks. While speculation and commentary on the forum can get a little annoying, and sometimes grossly unfair and misinformed, I have always believed it comes with the territory. We are fortunate to have such passionate, interested fans – even if sometimes their passion run amok. I think in recent times you have done a nice job of threading the needle between collaborating with us on important topics of concern to your readers and still keeping us accountable and on our toes. I trust that relationship will continue, as I believe it ultimately benefits the fans we both serve.

Best of luck to you … and I’ll still keep your site on my bookmarks so I can check in from afar.

Dan

I hope he's still reading and I hope that, at least in his opinion, we're still doing a good job.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad