BGW Pins

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Whelp, I've peaked guys. My collection has its crown jewels. It's all downhill from here.

IMG_20190912_160233.jpg

The Drachen Fire pin is great, but my real love is this Alpengeist pin. It has a pair of LEDs in the eyes and the pin back has two watch batteries and a circuit board. I have gotten the pin back apart and removed the batteries. There is some corrosion, but hopefully it's not bad enough to cause any issues. I'm going to try to just put new batteries in it and see if it'll work. If not, I'll take more aggressive steps. I definitely plan to get it working one way or another. Anyway, for anyone who is curious, here is the circuit board removed from its casing and with the batteries out:

IMG_20190912_160547.jpg

Sep 24, 2018
ebay! Most of the time BGW merch on ebay is pretty stale or wildly overpriced but sometimes there are some real treasures that show up.
Were they actually made by the park or were these home made? Either way I know I'm going to scouring eBay for similar items from now on.

Zimmy

Nessie wants you to look into yourself
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
The Drachen Fire pin is great, but my real love is this Alpengeist pin. It has a pair of LEDs in the eyes and the pin back has two watch batteries and a circuit board. I have gotten the pin back apart and removed the batteries. There is some corrosion, but hopefully it's not bad enough to cause any issues. I'm going to try to just put new batteries in it and see if it'll work. If not, I'll take more aggressive steps. I definitely plan to get it working one way or another. Anyway, for anyone who is curious, here is the circuit board removed from its casing and with the batteries out:
how old is that pin? I ask because Caps have a life span. Now granted the voltage and amperage are VERY low, but old caps can burn.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad