Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 29, 2009
^Yes, and from my experiences staying at The Renaissance at SeaWorld, I am now more interested in this whole deal. Even though I live so close to the park, I might be tempted to stay in a hotel.

Reactions: Zachary
May 17, 2013
Zachary said:
The CW/BGW shuttle is returning! BGW has official hotels now! We finally have advertising that promotes the region instead of individual piecemeal attractions again! This is huge news.

I remember combination BG and CW commercials in the early 80s. This was in NY. They were great. And, by great, I mean they got me to constantly ask my parents to take me (they didn't :'( ).

I remember a scene where a family got in a horse drawn carriage at CW and got out of the carriage at BG.

Only problem was, I was surprised when, years later, I found out that BG and CW weren't two sections of the same park! I thought the place was called "Busch Gardens at Colonial Williamsburg."

Sep 29, 2009
No Quick Queue sounds like a bit of a letdown. I have to admit however, Quick Queue at SeaWorld has turned into more of a "Quicker Queue". There is still a wait of at least 20 minutes in Antarctica. I attribute much of that to hotels and such.

Reactions: deacfan31
Sep 29, 2009
They are really only a problem in SW at rides/attractions with mandatory pre-shows (Turtle Trek, Antarctica, and Wild Arctic unless you ask nicely to skip it). In BGW that would be a problem at DarKastle and sometimes EitA. With EitA, sometimes the ride ops will take pity on you, provided nobody's watching.

Either way, it seems like BGW will be avoiding this issue. Their Quick Queues usually don't lose their value due to overselling until Howl-O-Scream. That's another issue entirely.

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
CastleOSullivan said:
In BGW that would be a problem at DarKastle and sometimes EitA.

Speaking of the DarKastle QQ, am I the only one that finds it weird that you just sort of appear in the middle of the general queue for that ride? The few times I've used QQ for DarKastle people stare at us like "wtf, a wild asshole appears. Go back to the end and wait." I mean yeah I get that that's the idea but... I don't know, I wish the QQ line merged more seamlessly.

Aug 19, 2013
tursiops said:
That's great! At seaworld in Orlando staying at an official hotel gets you free quick queues.

Thanks for this post. I was not aware of this deal. We were planning on going to seaworld for spring break again this year. I was having a hard time with hotel pricing this year. After I saw this post, I researched the sea world hotels and booked a hotel for less than it would cost for quick queues for my family. Plus the hotel is within walking distance of the park.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Since QQs have nothing to do with this new BGW/CW partnership ... What special features would the special tours need to entice y'all to buy the new package?

Reactions: deacfan31

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
I want more details about the Nessie tour.  Is it more then the roller coaster or ultimate tour? Does it come with a meet and greet with Ron Toomer ghost?

Aug 19, 2013
If not QQ, then maybe free all day meal plan or include a length of stay photo pass. QQ would be what I really want though.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad