Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 4, 2017
Has anyone confirmed whether the entry into BGW is using facial scanning? I was reading 2016 blogs and a few people that visited said attendants scan your card and then use a handheld device to scan/take pic of your face. Is this process repeated each time you enter the park? Also, it supposedly only takes a second or two to do this entry process.

Reactions: jornor
So they are scanning the face each time upon entry to compare it to a pic on their screen which pops up after they scan the barcode on your card? I haven't experienced this yet and am trying to find out if it's just a picture they look at that pops p or if they are scanning your face each time and the computer compares it to your picture. Thanks for your response, Zimmy.

Pretzel Kaiser, you're saying it's not scanning, just a picture that's looked at like they would look at your ID/drivers license? That's where I'm confused because some say a scan is happening and some say it's just a picture. I've read about facial scanning and it all starts with a picture stored on a database and scans thereafter are compared to the original pic stored on the database. Thanks Pretzel Kaiser

Reactions: jornor
It works just like the system the military uses. The first time you enter with a new pass they take your photo and it is stored in a database. The next time you enter, they scan your card, your face appears on the screen of the scanner and they compare your face to the photo.

Yesterday they asked me to remove my sun glasses. (they asked me to remove them when they took the initial photo as well.)

I'm not familiar with the military method. So, at BGW your face is compared to the pic that pops up, but, how do they do the comparison to know its really the cardholder and not their brother/sister or twin. Do they use the handheld device to scan your face again which is then compared to the pop up pic?

No. They take your picture and then visually compare that initial digital photo with whomever is attempting to use the pass after that. I imagine identical twins could use each other's passes.

They check the name on your ID with the name on the pass, at the parking entrance, however.

No, they do not rescan, or at least they have not for me. I think they are just trying for a 99% fix here. Much more than that and we are back to full biometrics and massive slowdowns.
I really think this is one of those 80-20 situations. You get 80% done easily the last 20% is not worth the cost.

Merboy said:
Do they take new pictures each season or do they use the first one they took last year? Because I need to coordinate my outfit.
Last year's one is Still in the system.

Reactions: Merboy and jornor
dwatkins63 said:
I'm not familiar with the military method. So, at BGW your face is compared to the pic that pops up, but, how do they do the comparison to know its really the cardholder and not their brother/sister or twin. Do they use the handheld device to scan your face again which is then compared to the pop up pic?

Once they scan you into the database, the rest is history. I believe the only answers to your questions lie in the matrix itself.

Reactions: Celticdog
I havent been yet this year, but it sounds like the same thing they did last year. All I know is that this method is light years faster than the old finger scan. You get to say no to having your picture taken in front of the fountain much sooner than before.

Reactions: Flyer and jornor
lazerdoc said:
I havent been yet this year, but it sounds like the same thing they did last year. All I know is that this method is light years faster than the old finger scan. You get to say no to having your picture taken in front of the fountain much sooner than before.

The gate to the park it's self is the same but you are now required to show your ID if you are using a pass for free parking and its your actual ID not a photo in the system.

Reactions: lazerdoc and jornor
I had an interesting encounter when entering the park today. The woman he scanned my pass told me the picture did not match and held me at the gate. This was s pass that I have used quite a few times this year with no issues. It has only ever been used by me and I have not made any drastic changes to how I look. I never saw the photo that was on the system so I can't say for sure if it was someone else but a supervisor also said it didn't match and made me show my driver's license and take a new picture and then warned me about letting others use my pass which I have never done. Has anyone else had issues or have any explanation for this?

Nicole said:
My photo disappeared from the system a few times last year.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some kind of database problem.
WOW that is crazy to what happened to you guys. Especially then warning you about letting others use your pass, they should of showed you the picture. But like Nicole said it was probably a glitch or database problem. I am so glad they got rid of the finger scan i use to have trouble with mine every time before I worked there and I was going thru Chemotherapy treatments and it would never register, then finally Guest Service put check ID in system. I hope when I come up what have a problem. Stephan and I have passes we can use at all the parks but never took our picture or check our ID's. Also, don't you think if you are Premiere or Platinum pass holder and they offer you free parking, they should have own toll to go thru or maybe issue a sticker on your car to make it faster. But then again someone borrows your car and goes to the park. I am glad the parks are upgrading their system. I have a question maybe Nicole or Zachary can help with. If you have the Premiere or Platinum pass when the free tickets are available for that date, would I be able to get the free ticket to BGW or do I have to use the ticket at BGT. Not sure, and called SWO & BGT and checked the site, and get the run around. So if you guys can help with that I greatly appreciate it.

I believe that if you have a BGT-based Platinum Pass, the free guest tickets will not work at BGW.

Similarly, we were told that Platinum Pass holders would not be able to get Premier Membership exclusive rewards like the free guest tickets to BGW.

Recently, I have found that logging into my account online is often the best way to tell what perks I can get at other SEAS parks.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Nicole said:
I believe that if you have a BGT-based Platinum Pass, the free guest tickets will not work at BGW.

Similarly, we were told that Platinum Pass holders would not be able to get Premier Membership exclusive rewards like the free guest tickets to BGW.

Recently, I have found that logging into my account online is often the best way to tell what perks I can get at other SEAS parks.
Thanks Nicole I appreciate it. I have been checking my account online, and was also told yes you can use your free ticket perks a any SEAS park as long as you had Premiere or Platinum. I will check with the first free ticket, or I may see about calling corporate too, they may be able to tell the exact way the free ticket perk will work. Thanks again Nicole, oh btw any bees or wasp at the top of Griffon, remember that during HOS 2013? Have a great night and thanks again.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad