Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 6, 2013
Even though it was cool being open every week this does make sense. Hopefully they use that time to spruce things up.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Mar 17, 2020
Even though it was cool being open every week this does make sense. Hopefully they use that time to spruce things up.
Just in time for the long-range models showing a warmer and drier winter! Do keep in mind this is a schedule of events, and not dates the park is open, so we could see the park still being open weekends in January, just without a specific theme.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Can we continue calling BGW a year-round park if they're going to have a (very short) off-season after all...?

Sorta disappointed that BGW decided to call it quits so soon on those two weekends. January 2022 still didn't feel all that normal. I have to wonder if this year would have gone better for them.

Mar 16, 2016
Can we continue calling BGW a year-round park if they're going to have a (very short) off-season after all...?

Sorta disappointed that BGW decided to call it quits so soon on those two weekends. January 2022 still didn't feel all that normal. I have to wonder if this year would have gone better for them.
I wouldn’t be shocked if it always looks like that then they do a “Christmastown extension” every year.

Reactions: Mushroom
Jun 6, 2013

I would still consider this year round, not to mention they could come back in January 2024, especially with the indoor coaster in full effect. They needed a stronger theme to lure people, although I loved those weeks.

Reactions: RKRCC

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018

I wouldn't be shocked to see them added in January if the weather looks nice

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013

I see no real issue with a two week break to start the transition from Christmas Town. I loved Winter Weekends 2021 but 2022 felt just kinda dead maybe taking a year to reevaluate what they want the event to be is for the best.

Alf33

Life is short, so eat dessert first.
Jun 8, 2013
That third week of January is generally the coldest week of winter if I'm not mistaken. I believe it was last year and there was some crappy weather which kills attendance if not having the park outright close. So they might as well just be closed to have needed maintenance get done in peace.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Mar 17, 2020
Throwing this out there: Perhaps the park is "closed" to the general public two weekends in January, but that is because they are doing member rides on DarKoaster those weekends?

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
Throwing this out there: Perhaps the park is "closed" to the general public two weekends in January, but that is because they are doing member rides on DarKoaster those weekends?
I don't think they would close the park just to let members show up and ride DK. They would much prefer to have it on an operating day so members come and spend money.

Dec 7, 2021
That just sounds like it could be a last-minute shitshow. Its really a lousy thing to do to staff that has been overworked for the past 3 months.
Particularly this week. I’ve got a couple of friends that have been working since the Thursday before Christmas working every day through this Monday (minus Xmas Eve) coming up. (Yes, including Christmas!)
And this week alone seems to be hell at bgw, given the sheer number of people that have visited this week.

Mar 15, 2019
Particularly this week. I’ve got a couple of friends that have been working since the Thursday before Christmas working every day through this Monday (minus Xmas Eve) coming up. (Yes, including Christmas!)
And this week alone seems to be hell at bgw, given the sheer number of people that have visited this week.
Is it always this busy post Christmas? It’s truly been unreal

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad