Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
Hey all,

In December I started a little social media community on Twitter called @BGVAtips (please follow and #ff to your friends!). The purpose is to create a real time interactive BGW community to share deals, tips, and suggestions with one another about how to enhance the park experience.

I envision a two-fold function:

1)Sharing real time updates from visitors at the park with others who are there. Examples might be line wait times, rides being down, a sale in one of the shops, a street performance going on, or anything you may find cool or interesting around the park.

Follower A in Italy may ask "How long is the wait for Griffon?" Follow B can answer "In line now, about 20-25 mins." If you walk by Trapper's Smokehouse and see that the line is remarkably short, you could tweet out something like "No wait at Trapper's. If you plan to eat soon, go now."

2)A source of info for people who are planning trips to the park. By aggregating deals about ticket prices, shortcuts on ride lines, tips for saving money on eating with the family, etc. followers would have a guest-based resource to get their word of mouth tips about the park.

I test-ran the profile during Christmas Town, and thought it worked well with the handful of people that were participating. Hopefully, it'll really take off once the season begins. I believe it could be a valuable, and fun resource for BGW fans and enthusiasts.

Follow us on Twitter at: @BGVAtips Remember, you must mention "@BGVAtips" in your tweets for me to be notified of it and be able to pass it on. Also, if you're planning on being at the park, set us to receive text messages so you don't miss a thing.

Join the group on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_194288003914696&ap=1 click "join this group." If you're not a Twitter person, you can still share your tips live from the park by emailing bgvatips@groups.facebook.com. Save the address in your contacts. You can also receive posts to the group via email (see Edit Settings).

Friend us on Foursquare: search for BGVAtips and click "people" then send a friend request. I plan on posting place-specific tips to foursquare so when you pull up the app, the tips will be at your fingertips.

One note: this is intended to positively impact the BGW experience. Please keep that in mind in your tweets. Example: I will retweet "Lines are very long at the Festhaus. May want to come by later or try somewhere else." I won't retweet "The servers at the Festhaus are moving like snails, where do they get these people. Go somewhere else."

Please follow us on all platforms and get involved with posting, especially while at the park. I think this could be a lot of fun and very informative.

Thanks,

Shafor

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Already following on Twitter
Just requested to join the Facebook Group
Just send a friend request on Foursquare

It did work well during Christmas Town. I hope I'll be able to help out.

Jun 22, 2010
This is a good idea Shafor. I used it during Christmas Town, and the show time tweets helped out alot.

Sep 23, 2009
Just so everyone is aware, you can still follow BGVAtips' tweets even if you're not on Twitter. You can just go to http://tips.bgwfans.com.

Jul 22, 2010
Chris said:
Just so everyone is aware, you can still follow BGVAtips' tweets even if you're not on Twitter. You can just go to http://tips.bgwfans.com.

I'll put that as a bookmark on my phone right now. Thanks :cool:

Mar 30, 2010
eh, I wish they would integrate with facebook. I use that alot and don't feel like getting into twitter.

Jul 22, 2010
pandorazboxx said:
eh, I wish they would integrate with facebook. I use that alot and don't feel like getting into twitter.

If you watch business tv the you would see there are discussion of a buyout :rolleyes:

Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
Please follow us today, we'll be tweeting all day from the park. We'd love to hear from you! Mention us @BGVAtips or use the hashtag #BGVApass in your tweets.

Also, don't forget about the FB group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=grou...14696&ap=1.

Hope everyone has a blast. And if you can't make it, hopefully you'll enjoy following along on Twitter and FB.

Sep 23, 2009
I found the feed very useful and I wasn't even at the park. It gave me some idea of the changes for this year.

Also, you can also go to tips.bgwfans.com. Same destination, a few less letters.

Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
Pretty impressed with myself for getting as much out there as I did, given the crappy connection, pounding some beers, and dragging around an autistic 8 year old who was tweaked up out of his mind because he was so excited. ;)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad