Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 29, 2011
Let the speculation begin!

While this debate could be wide open for anything I'm thinking the next addition will be a huge B&M speedcoaster ala Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland or Shambhala at Port Aventura. Granted, they could put in something under 300-ft but with the recent addition of Falcon's Fury I'm thinking this coaster will need to be close to that in height for marketing purposes. SheiKra's marketing at 200-ft tall worked well down there so the next step would be for them to take it up another notch. Also, there are no B&M speedcoasters (or any other hypercoasters for that matter) that have been built in Florida. There are three inverts (Dragon Challenge and Montu), three multiloopers (Kumba, Kraken, and Hulk), a dive machine and a flyer. A B&M Speedcoaster would fill a void nicely down there.

A good place that they could put it (not sure if it's too small) is a the North end of the Safari. The picture below has the area circles. They could also get rid of gwazi *cough*

Attachments

• BGT W LINES.JPG
    BGT W LINES.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 57
Hoopla said:
A good place that they could put it (not sure if it's too small) is a the North end of the Safari. The picture below has the area circles. They could also get rid of gwazi *cough*

While that area is a prime location for new rides I don't think the park would touch that. That area is strictly for the animals and taking that much land from them would disrupt their habitat especially since they've been there for decades.

Reactions: Bill and b.mac
Hi, new here. I have lurked BGWFans for a while now but live in Florida so I never had a reason to join. Looks like there is something somewhat local here for me to discuss now!

I have heard that Gwazi whether it is track topped and redone or ripped out is the next major project after the tower (which I have not really followed). Something needs to be done. Losing capacity on such a large scale is not good for a high profile park such as BGT.

Well if I Remember correctly they could always take down Gwazi, and since Gwazi has a little piece of land next to it they could always use that too. However even with that much land they still will have to squeeze it in very carefully. By the way since most of the time Both BGW and BGT get pretty similar Type roller coasters, and BGW already has a B&M hypercoaster(which is practically the same as a Speed-coaster except smaller) wouldn't it be more likely for them both to get a Flying coaster. In that case I would be fine with it.

JuniorBGWfan28 said:
Well if I Remember correctly they could always take down Gwazi, and since Gwazi has a little piece of land next to it they could always use that too. However even with that much land they still will have to squeeze it in very carefully. By the way since most of the time Both BGW and BGT get pretty similar Type roller coasters, and BGW already has a B&M hypercoaster(which is practically the same as a Speed-coaster except smaller) wouldn't it be more likely for them both to get a Flying coaster. In that case I would be fine with it.

No. Just no. After the gross miscalculation on Manta's pretzel with GForces I HIGHLY doubt you will see a flyer at BGT or BGW for that matter. From my understanding MACK did an impeccable job at SWSD with Manta; why would they venture out of the relatively bland styling and non out of the box styling B&M has adopted. They are a dime a dozen at this point. In a park with three of them variety is needed. Another B&M in no way would provide that.

Sources were saying Rocky Mountian would be Gwazi's Savior whether it be topper track or Iron Horse we are unsure. That being said the project is on hold because of the IPO and the stock price of SEAS. Don't expect any movement unless the bubble pops on SEAS stocks. We can only hope that happens soon. All the cuts at BGW and BGT are because of this stock bubble we are in right now.

I keep seeing Speed Coaster among different places, namely Screamscape (which said a reader had taken a roller coaster tour, and the mechanic said the Tiger is done, to be replaced by a "Speed Coaster") . I'm not entirely clear what "Speed Coaster" means, but if it's a King Da Ka-like ride, I think it's a giant waste of money. If they mean "Speed Coaster" like Nitro, I'll ride that. But if Gwazi gets torn out, I'll be disappointed if it's anything other than a new, monster wooden twister.

"Speed coaster" is basically B&M's Mega coaster design. B&M doesn't build launch coasters (nor have they gone over 400 feet yet), so building anything similar to Kingda Ka is out of the question for Tampa.

Wood coasters really don't seem to translate well with FL humidity outside of a few coasters (Starliner, Coastersauraus). I guess we'll see how White Lightning fares in a couple years. Unless Rocky Mountain gives Tampa a super hybrid or a topper tracked Gwazi, I don't see them getting another wood coaster.

I'm going to assume at this point that said mechanic that the reader from screamscape talked to is correct, and Gwazi will be taken out. So that leaves a giga coaster design? Aren't those just gigantic? (of course, I'm thinking Millennium Force, as that's THE giga coaster)

So I was speaking to the ride attendant on Gwazi today and he said that BGT doesn't know what they're doing with Gwazi anymore. He said they had plans for a hyper coaster but they changed their mind. He thought the reason was because of money. So the future of Gwazi is kind of up in the air. Personally I hope they go through with the hyper coaster here in the near future. I love Gwazi but the weather has destroyed it. I Still have a headache 4 hours later... :s He also made it clear that he obvious isn't high up in the ranks. So take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: John and Nicole
Maintenance on any wooden coaster in FL weather is a huge ongoing cost. I doubt any future plans will include one.

That said, think of what's around Gwazi. Critter castaways: relocating. Garden Gate: limited seasonal opening. Other than the excursions gift shop and some carnival games, they have a much bigger footprint to work with in that area than just gwazi and the field.

So happy to have had a chance to ride Gwazi. The whole experience was equal parts amazement and panic that a wooden coaster was moving through so many complex turns at such speeds and then when it is too late you realize what a lengthy ride it is. I would be happy to return and find a giga coaster in that space! ;-D

I'm gonna call for something lower budget. Probably a Zierer "Eurofighter"

SWP&E isn't going to fix their budget issues by 2016, and they certainly won't be able to penny up for a Giga coaster like Cedar Fair has been doing.

A smaller version of Verbolten with an indoor portion only would fit nicely with the line up. Extend the building out a little change the layout, keep the drop track, and theme it to a voo doo or some other spirit. Plus this would leave room for another expansion or attraction.

Connor said:
A smaller version of Verbolten with an indoor portion only would fit nicely with the line up. Extend the building out a little change the layout, keep the drop track, and theme it to a voo doo or some other spirit. Plus this would leave room for another expansion or attraction.

Cheetah Hunt is a larger version of Verbolten (Intamin launch coaster) and way, way, way fun!

This does lead me to wonder, what is new on the horizon for coasters? Did I dream it or is someone working on a coaster with rotating/pivoting seating?

Not to derail the 'next coaster' talk, but I don't find Cheetah Hunt that great. In fact, I think Verbolten blows it out of the water and I'm not particularly a huge fan of VBolt, either.

It'd be nice to see SEAS return to making a thrilling ride or 2.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad