Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 30, 2010
Back on topic of the future of the site, would anyone be interested in broadening the fanbase here to include not only BGW, but BGT as well? Just a thought.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
RE: BGWFans.com's Future

They have their own sites and forums, don't they? There isn't much of a reason in expanding to a park where there isn't a need, is there?

Mar 30, 2010

Swiftman said:
They have their own sites and forums, don't they? There isn't much of a reason in expanding to a park where there isn't a need, is there?

I wasn't sure. I found some blog sites and stuff(TPR), but not any dedicated sites for BGT.

Sep 23, 2009

I've thought about adding BGT to the Busch Gardens Wiki. Obviously would mean more work without having finished the BGW wiki, but I've thought about it. What would need to happen is a partnership with a site that focuses on Florida parks, where they would essentially use these forums as their own. It's not impossible.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia

Looking around, there really isn't a site or forum dedicated to BGT. BGTNation has shut down and BGTGuide hasn't been updated since BGT's HOS announcement last year and they just link to FloridaThrills as their forum.

Mar 30, 2010

Yea, that's what I was saying. For instance, there is BGWfansite now, and there has been BGEscape. I think we can leverage our BGWFans identity to include BGT as well. (BGFans or something like that) I was just thinking there's a lot of opportunity to grow the community that way for those that are interested.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia

Is there still any interest in a possible BGTFans? If so, writers who can provide consistent (and good) content will be needed- basically has to be someone living within 30 minutes of the park. Not saying that it'll happen by a long shot, but I am saying that it could if there's people down there in Florida who want one.

Reactions: I305Evan

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
RE: BGTFans.com?

I went ahead and split this discussion off into a new thread.

I feel like we need a writer to launch with though. Content is what puts you on the map. Sure we can use BGWFans as a springboard for the initial launch but that's just a very short boost of traffic. Plus it's one you can only pull once. :-/

Jan 9, 2010
RE: BGTFans.com?

Sometimes sites try to cover too much and the orignal idea gets lost. I dont think many of us on this site get down to BGT often enough to have a efficient site for it. I have never been there.

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
pandorazboxx said:
If you build it, they will come. :p

Baby steps. Right now, for the most part, BGT has been accepted into the Wiki and is being actively worked on. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess. But I do agree with Zachary, a writer would be a must to launch. Anyone interested?

Jul 22, 2010
destroyer421 said:
How about finding someone who lives down there? Maybe someone not on these forums?

Because no one on these forums lives down there, right?

Because no one on these foums go there a good number of times throughout the year, right?

Because no one on these forums might have family or friends there, right?

Reactions: b.mac and Gavin
May 29, 2012
Chesapeake
Atlantis said:
destroyer421 said:
How about finding someone who lives down there? Maybe someone not on these forums?

Because no one on these forums lives down there, right?

Because no one on these foums go there a good number of times throughout the year, right?

Because no one on these forums might have family or friends there, right?
I just thought since this is bgwfans, the majority of the people here would live in Virginia, or relatively close to Virginia.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad