Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 23, 2010
BG food that is way out of production. Great Burgers at the Mackinac cafe. They also had some great onion rings at Le Coq de Or (sp). I was a supervisor at the smokehouse (mid eighties)and the french restaurant rolled out beer battered onion rings one year for a limited time. They were the best I ever had in my life. I also likes the sausages/beef sticks you could get on the way out of the park............and oh how I miss the big squares of REAL pizza you could get in Germany.

Magic Mantis said:
BG food that is way out of production. Great Burgers at the Mackinac cafe. They also had some great onion rings at Le Coq de Or (sp). I was a supervisor at the smokehouse (mid eighties)and the french restaurant rolled out beer battered onion rings one year for a limited time. They were the best I ever had in my life. I also likes the sausages/beef sticks you could get on the way out of the park............and oh how I miss the big squares of REAL pizza you could get in Germany.

I'm with you on the pizza. It always seemed better in the Festhaus.

Well Grogan's Baked Potatoes used to have a thin layer of sea salt baked right into the skin. I have noticed that the potatoes no longer have this little perk. I LOVE salt and this always curbed my salt cravings.

I miss the Burgers too; though now with a Gluten Allergy; the loss is not as big of deal to me. Oooo, but I can still remember that mouth watering burger meat on the grill aroma. :p

Not exactly a 'defunct' food, more like 'SBNO': The bread pudding at Trappers used to be fantastic but the last couple of times I tried it left me beyond disappointed. What could have happened?

Chocolate mousse from the little French cafe and later Festhaus Kaffee. I have not yet given up hope!

And not as bad, but earlier in the season they were selling cupcakes in England that were chocolate and had this insane fresh raspberry icing on them. Now... they are gone. I'm probably the only one who noticed or cared! haha

Robbie said:
Not exactly a 'defunct' food, more like 'SBNO': The bread pudding at Trappers used to be fantastic but the last couple of times I tried it left me beyond disappointed. What could have happened?

I haven't seen the bread pudding offered in a few seasons; I guess we just keep missing it. The vanilla rum sauce was amazing... They serve it at Zambia Smmokehouse at BGT - we got our fix the last time we were there. ;)

The hand-carved turkey sandwiches in Das Festhaus were, previous to their current rolls, served on honey-lager wheat rolls with golden raisins in them. They were SO good...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad