Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Feb 11, 2011
Chesapeake
The pretzel bakery might have more than just pretzels. In the big release in the Festhaus they had last year they said that the beer garden would be right next door to the pretzel bakery. Will this be a new eatery? I just want your two cents on this.

RE: Beer Garden/ Pretzel Bakery

My guess is that they will sell mostly pretzels and beer, maybe some small snacks, but probably not a full on restaurant.

Yeah probably a small stand type thing that will sell them.

Probably sell fountain drinks, and during CT hot chocolate.

I could see them doing sausages and other German-theme "street food" like that cart in Ireland that sell the Irish Nachos and such.

Does BGW do a beer tasting thing.... not that I can drink it, I was just wondering because I am pretty sure that BGT does with their "Bands Brew and BBQ" thing.

michaelcollier1 said:
Does BGW do a beer tasting thing.... not that I can drink it, I was just wondering because I am pretty sure that BGT does with their "Bands Brew and BBQ" thing.

As of last season they had stop giving out free beer samples...

Yeah after the Blackstone Buyout they stopped to save money i guess.

Well considering the fact that they no longer are apart of the beer company, I would think it would be costing Blackstone quite a bit more than it ever cost Busch to give out... you know, samples of their own product?

eh, beers cheap. small sample and then they buy a beer that they may not have bought before... probably not going to happen though.

Well even with Blackstone baught the parks BGT does a beer fest thingy.

Youhow2 said:
Well considering the fact that they no longer are apart of the beer company, I would think it would be costing Blackstone quite a bit more than it ever cost Busch to give out... you know, samples of their own product?

FYI: Federal Law would not allow them to get the beer from the brewery directly. It has to be sold to a Distributor (not owned by anheuser) them sold to BG. So it would cost Blackstone the same as when Ansheuser owned the park.

the Following web site explanes the process: http://www.fermentarium.com/industry/how-the-three-tiered-beer-distribution-system-works/

TO Balak95: They had stopped the free beer samples before the sell of the park. The last time you could get a 12oz free beer was when the monorail ran back and forth to the brewery. when the monorail was removed and the samples was at the park itself you got 3 or 4 oz samples..

i was just wondering what you guys were thinking. i wasnt going to be sure if it was going to be restaurant.

Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World Orlando's Bands Brews and BBQ event has beer sampling, yes, but it's not free like you guys are assuming. It has no relation to the free samples that used to be given at the park under Anheuser Busch's ownership. At SW you pay something like $20 for 12 3oz samples from any of dozens of beer choices. I think it's priced similarly at BGT.

I can't wait for Pretzles! Hopefully I'll be eating some fresh pretzels come August! Anyone have a review of the new eatery?

Inside? Excellent.
Outside? Needs some work.
Food? Amazing, to say the least.

My only real concern about it is that I wonder what it will be like during the middle of the summer, especially with Mach Tower just opening up. Unless they put some roping up, I think there's a danger of a lot of milling about and confusion inside.

But, I don't think anyone has had anything negative to say about it, that's not changing with me, I think it's an awesome addition.

Do not get them unless they are fresh. I asked some girl if they were fresh and she sold gave me a bunch of hard nasty flavorless pretzel bites claiming they were fresh. They were horrible... But when they havent been sitting out for an hour, the pretzels are amazing...

If you end up with bad ones, take them back. They're normally nice about it and when you're paying that much for pretzels, they better be good.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad