Best Ride Queues

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Connor

fanny pack enthusiast
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
The queue for Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbbiden Eye is an attraction alone. Such a long and immersive queue, a feat for Imagineering. Expedition Everest is also a masterpiece. As others have said Manta is one of the best themed queues to utilize animals. It's so nice to be able to learn about the animals behind the attraction while waiting rather than going through switch backs. Forbbiden Journey is another one of my favorites, but majority of the queue itself is located in the green house which is a shame as the castle portion is marvelous.

Reactions: Zachary
Jul 18, 2015
Orlando fl.
In genaral, I think all the major rides at disney parks have godd, well themed queus, except for ONE ride in particular.
Cough..cough.. Primeval Whirl..cough..cough

Apr 29, 2011
Connor said:
The queue for Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbbiden Eye is an attraction alone. Such a long and immersive queue, a feat for Imagineering.
1000% agree! The first time I went through it I was shocked at how well done it was. This attraction set a standard for queue theming.

Forbbiden Journey is another one of my favorites, but majority of the queue itself is located in the green house which is a shame as the castle portion is marvelous.
I love the Forbidden Journey queue as well, but you're right about the excessive use of the greenhouse area being a majority of the line, especially since it was rarely seen in the movies. So that loses some points for me. They should've utilized more of the castle's interior for the queue.

Reactions: Zachary
Apr 9, 2013
It may not be the best, but my favorite queue has to be for the original Star Tours at Disneyland. It was mind blowing in '86(?) when it came out and was almost as good as the ride itself.

Reactions: Nicole
Sep 23, 2009
As a kid, my favorite queue was definitely Questor. Obviously no elaborate scenes, no aquariums, but the drawings on the cave walls and sound effects worked really well in creating the story without having a video showing on a tv every 50 feet.

The queue clearly stopped making sense after Questor was replaced, but it certainly made an impression on 8 year old me.

Mar 20, 2016
Wake Forest, NC
The queue for the Harry Potter ride at Universal Orlando that is in the Hogwarts Castle is incredible. Holograms of the characters talking to you, real snow falling from the ceiling, talking portraits... It is amazing. I've never experienced another queue like it.

Reactions: luseendesi

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
My favorite is the queue for Apocalypse at at Sux Flags America. Which is surprising because in general the park is in poor shape.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad