Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 23, 2009
What's your favorite place to eat in the park?

Smokehouse has my vote followed closely by the restaurant in San Marco.

RE: Best place to eat in the park.

I don't think I've eaten anything inside or outside the park better than the food at the Smokehouse.

It looks like there's a consensus... so far.

Chris said:
It looks like there's a consensus... so far.

And you're surprised? :D

My favorite desert has always been the chocolate cherry cake. Used to be the only place to get it was Le Coq (I think that was the name) in the building just in front of Griffon now that was where they had the breakfast thing. The fried chicken was pretty good, too.

Alas, my favorite is gone; snatched away by the Big bad Wolf perhaps. I LOOOVED the Irish Baked Potato with corned beef and cabbage - the potato skin cooked in sea salt.. oh my that was soooo divine. Now, just a memory. I guess now I would have to say the Irish Stew at Grogan's Grille.

Nora said:
Alas, my favorite is gone; snatched away by the Big bad Wolf perhaps. I LOOOVED the Irish Baked Potato with corned beef and cabbage - the potato skin cooked in sea salt.. oh my that was soooo divine. Now, just a memory. I guess now I would have to say the Irish Stew at Grogan's Grille.

The first person who's favorite is not the Smokehouse!

Well I can't comment because I haven't eaten in the park other than in Italy where they always have the shows and in Das Festhaus.

Wings said:
Well I can't comment because I haven't eaten in the park other than in Italy where they always have the shows and in Das Festhaus.

You've got to try Smokehouse sometime.

Honestly, if you avoid Festa Italia, England (though the yummy Muffins at the muffin man rule for breakfast), Scotland (corn dogs are only so fulfilling), France (not New France; France only has Ice cream, wine, and coffee), you cannot go wrong in any of the eateries.

The burgers and fries at Squire's Grille in England were pretty good.

Nora - MUFFINS!!! I LOVE the muffins. We always get one as we're leaving the park to have for breakfast the next morning.

Chris said:
Wings said:

You've got to try Smokehouse sometime.

I will, this weekend, and I'll let you know how it was when I get back.

I don't know that there has ever been a time in my life that I didn't eat in the festhaus, I love it! But I love the smokehouse too... who doesn't?

Nora said:
Honestly, if you avoid Festa Italia, England (though the yummy Muffins at the muffin man rule for breakfast), Scotland (corn dogs are only so fulfilling), France (not New France; France only has Ice cream, wine, and coffee), you cannot go wrong in any of the eateries.

That is pretty much the perfect way to sum it up IMO.

Obviously I'm not putting this up for best food in the park, but has anyone had the "gourmet" pizza from the Festhaus?

It's not bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

Chris said:
Obviously I'm not putting this up for best food in the park, but has anyone had the "gourmet" pizza from the Festhaus?

It's not bad.

Ya, that is what I normally end up getting, it is cheap and good. It is also a good snack to share with someone.

Swiftman said:
Chris said:

It's not bad.

Ya, that is what I normally end up getting, it is cheap and good. It is also a good snack to share with someone.

Yeah they are good, but if you get the chance try the Margarita one in Italy. It's got fresh basil, grape tomatoes and lots of fresh cheese.

if you want a cheap fill, there's fudge throughout the park that will stave off your hunger all day. If you want a cheap meal, the pizza (not the personal pan pizza in england) at the festhaus is very cheap. Italy has cheap options too.

BTW: SMOKEHOUSE ROCKS (without the cost)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad