Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Best place to eat in the park.

Smokehouse is tough to beat. But I have a soft spot in my heart for the Festhaus, simply for the show. I love pub songs.

I really miss the old Budwieser jingle sing-a-long at the end.

TRAPPERS SMOKEHOUSE IS NUMBER ONE!

Every time I go to BG I have to get the brisket platter at the smokehouse. Brisket and BBQ Sauce goes together like Oktoberfest and Busch Gardens. There's nothing that can beat the brisket at Trappers (except for frozen lemonade:p).

I love the smokehouse but its pretty much tied with the festhaus. Also i have to get a pickle from bgw they have the best.

Grogan's is hands down my favorite place to eat in the park. My favorite menu item was always the baked potatoes stuffed with delicious ham and cheese. Mmm-mmm! Smokehouse is pretty good as well, and if you get the right stuff at Festhaus, it can be quite scrumptious.

I've been to Busch so many times, I can't believe that I've never eaten at Grogans before. Chris, if you must strip me of my Mod status for this terrible offence, so be it. ;)

Never been to Grogan's?! Say it isn't so!

But seriously, man, you literally have to try it. It is currently the one and only thing that ever makes me go to Ireland other than if I need to take a shortcut to France and Germany from somewhere like England.

When it comes to best overall place to eat, I :heart: Trappers Smokehouse!

But when you want the best single menu item, DEFINITELY Grogan's baked potatoes stuffed with ham and cheese.

Still, nothing compares to a Frozen Lemonade in the triple digit summer heat:D

Trappers smokehouse is the BOMB! just a sampler platter and a pepsi and i'm very happy...This is one reason why i like busch gardens more than kings dominion...the food!!!

Everyone loves Trappers, I dont think it is that great. IMO the food there is inconsistant. It'll be deliciouse one week than the next they giver you fat on a bone........

I couldn't agree more Michael. One visit is great, the next is terrible.

Well you cant really blame the park, I agree with Michael and Swift, but theres always going to be differences in the meat just do to nature.

It isn't always the quality of the meat though. It's often how well it's cooked and seasoned. Chicken shouldn't be cold and flavorless.

Reactions: mc14
True, But you also have to take in account of this being early in the season and the new employees and some of the old have to get used to how long to cook it, wait till mid summer to Howl-o-scream and it might get more consistent.

I haven't been there yet this year. Those were experiences that I had during Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Town last year. I don't remember it being anywhere near as inconsistent in the past.

Swiftman said:
It isn't always the quality of the meat though. It's often how well it's cooked and seasoned. Chicken shouldn't be cold and flavorless.

Keep in mind the guest projection causes some of the temperature problems. If they expect a ton of guests then they will cook a ton of food. If they cook a ton and a ton is not in the park then they are trying to get the cooked food out.

Or it is bad luck of getting chicken that just hit the heat lamps after sitting.

ScoutN said:
Swiftman said:

Keep in mind the guest projection causes some of the temperature problems. If they expect a ton of guests then they will cook a ton of food. If they cook a ton and a ton is not in the park then they are trying to get the cooked food out.

Or it is bad luck of getting chicken that just hit the heat lamps after sitting.

Chicken is SOOOO hard to get right on a large scale. Frying has the best chance of getting done right. That is why everyone does it that way. I've never had a BBQ chicken breast in a restaurant, let alone a theme park, that was not as dry as dust.

Personally, I would not mind if they took it off the menu and just replaced it with a pulled chicken sandwich or platter. It is not as impressive looking as a quarter of chicken, but it has a MUCH higher chance of not tasting horrible.

More on topic. My favorite large scale eatery is defintely trappers. I get the Spare rib platter. NOT the baby backs. BB's can be more tender if you are lucky enough to get them done just right, but they have a small window of time when they are perfect. They get over cooked very easily. Spare ribs, have a much larger window of being good. Usually they are a bit tougher and have more connective tissue, but to me have a better taste.

Grogans is good too. I like the stew. It was usually my #2 choice to eat, but the pretzel place may have passed it. But that may be the newness factor too. I've never tried to stuffed potato at Grogans. That sounds superb!!

Reactions: mc14
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad