Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 28, 2009
Busch Gardens Williamsburg has been nominated in the Behind the Thrills Thrill Weekly Polls in several categories. I can tell you, it hasn't won a single one of them.

The latest poll: Best Food, is ending tonight. They've won it for three years straight. They aren't going to win it this year unless people vote, or unless the park tells people to vote.
Hate to see a park lose it's crown because the park simply doesn't care to spread the word.

http://behindthethrills.com/2013/11/thrill-weekly-poll-best-theme-park-food-destination-2013/

Just voted. We are in second place (by a lot) behind Silver Dollar City, with Epcot in third right on our tails. Vote, people, vote! For now, I would say this is an award the park actually still deserves.

And this year I have been really disappointed with the quality of the food. The Pizza in the Festhaus was only fully cooked half the time, the Brisket was sliced 2x as thin for a majority of the year, etc. And not only that, but it seems like no one even cared about the presentation, of the food. I would usually argue this, but not this year, sadly.:(

I think the general consensus is that the park's overall food offerings (minus Food & Wine festival) have dropped off tremendously over the years. Which really is a shame, but it's not like they have any real competition in this category. KD is getting better, but still no where near what BGW can/has offered.

I really love the food, it's just that poll is a bust at this point. I don't know what I'd do without my pretzels and spaghetti!! :)

Nic said:
I'm going to disagree. I think Culinary has been to a great job at all of the Special Events.

Special Events are still pretty great, I wont disagree there. But just as a whole, your day in and day out eating at the park isn't what it used to be even just 3 or so years ago.

I have to say, I'm pretty surprised that Epcot is trailing BGW. In my opinion, they have much better food. That's basically all World's Showcase is even good for.

Reactions: Applesauce
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad