Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I still think Beast is one of the most fun night rides out there. Is it one of the best coasters? Nah. But that long romp through the middle of nowhere is just pure fun. As far as intensity, night rides on The Voyage are absolutely incredible, and I have to agree 100% with Boulderdash. Kind of combines what I love about Beast and Voyage at night into one.

I have yet to find a ride that isn’t improved by riding at night, but Boulder Dash is easily the one with the greatest improvement versus daytime rides. It’s pitch black back there and you can’t see anything, which when combined with its already out of control layout is a one of a kind experience

Reactions: Coasternerd
Raven and Voyage for me. Middle of nowhere Indiana with no light emission from a major city nearby. Voyage is crazy intense in the daytime but night rides are on another level, especially from the turn around to the last 90° turn.

What about AC? Always loved that ride, especially whenever I used to be able to marathon while they were still trying to clear the front row queue.

Reactions: Coasternerd
From 1982-1993 night rides were unreal. Nowadays it sucks. The addition of Wayne's World ruined Grizzly's night rides.
I don't remember what it was like back then, but while I can believe it was better than, it's quite an overstatement to say night rides on Grizzly now suck. It's a great night ride today. Now if only the park could be open late enough for us to get night rides....

Now if only the park could be open late enough for us to get night rides....
When I went on memorial day the park was open until 9 and it didn't get dark until 8:55 so I only got 1 night ride (Dominator). However, when I went to BGW for Pantheon previews we only stayed until 6:45 and I got a pitch black night ride on Pantheon. Time of year really matters for this stuff and it sucks that it doesn't get dark until so late right now.

it's quite an overstatement to say night rides on Grizzly now suck.

I stand by what I say. Before Wayne's World, Grizzly's night rides were in complete darkness. The addition of Hurler in 1994 and the Wayne's World plaza allowed too much light in from there and Candy Apple Grove.

Millennium Force. Nitro. I305. Lots of good ones but possibly Apollo's is most improved by night. It needs a little something extra and it gets a lot.

Now if only the park could be open late enough for us to get night rides....
This is something that I really don't understand. I mean, I get the shorter hours and stuff because of staffing but I don't understand why parks aren't opening later so they can remain open at night. Even my mom who doesn't ride anything told me how frustrated she was that parks close before it gets dark because of how much the atmosphere of a park improves at night -- and she's right. There is something about the lights on the rides and just... well, everything.... that makes the experience better. If a park can open 12-9pm why not make that 2-11pm?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad