Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I've had some GREAT experiences crowds-wise going the last week of August (or the 1st few days of September if Labor day does not happen during the 1st partial week of September).

We often get to ride some of our favorites multiple times in a row with no or minimal wait.

It was so good last year that we ended up going to BG almost every day of our week+1 in Williamsburg. Assuming crowds are similar this year, we'll be doing that as well this year.

Family and a few friends are planning a trip for the entire day this Sunday (Labor Day weekend) any say on how bad it should be? I always get Quick Queue in this instance, and getting to the park between 10-11 it seems a good time to hit the rides and enjoy the rest of the day in no rush. Thanks for any advice you guys can give!

Reactions: Planeteer
Considering that, that Sunday is probably the busiest Sunday of the year, and a VERY popular Christian group is performing that night I suspect that it will be really crowded. So I think the best way to go is get a QQ, and go there early in the morning, if they want to do mostly everything.

I was reading that HOS Saturdays are pretty crowded? Do you remember how the first Saturday was? Heard from some friends that they tried going on a Saturday for HOS and the park reached capacity. Long story short we are going this Friday/Saturday (Splurged and got the season passes this year back in the spring, first time going to HOS yay!)

Thanks for the info, probably good for me since I tend to be a little squimish... but as far as the park reaching capacity on this Saturday, do you think it would be a good chance, or probably not until October does it really start getting busy? (We are goign that way regardless this weekend so figured we pop in :))

^
Weather says it will be sunny and a high of 70 degrees and 0% chance of rain at the moment. If this holds true, then yes. Saturday will be busy. Hit capacity? Hard to say.

Saturdays are rough. We go regardless. I'm thinking this Saturday will the first EVER that we haven't gone when we come for a weekend. Friday and Sunday have us excited, though.

Hey CK! Not that at all!!! We appreciate everybody! :D

We are going to chill Saturday, tour our haunts in CW, and hope for some out for the park meet ups. :cool:

Reactions: chickenking
I just booked a hotel in Richmond for my first visit to both BGW and KD. To cut some drive time off the ride home we are planning on doing BGW on Saturday June 6th and KD on Sunday. I know Saturdays at any park are best if avoided but i was wondering if it is usually terrible that early in June. Kings Island and Cedar Point I've not usually had problems with this time of year but i have no clue about BGW and KD.

Reactions: wombat96
APE said:
I just booked a hotel in Richmond for my first visit to both BGW and KD. To cut some drive time off the ride home we are planning on doing BGW on Saturday June 6th and KD on Sunday. I know Saturdays at any park are best if avoided but i was wondering if it is usually terrible that early in June. Kings Island and Cedar Point I've not usually had problems with this time of year but i have no clue about BGW and KD.

ParkFans member Netdvn maintains a crowd expectation calendar that I have found to be a great resource. Saturdays in early June look to be heavy, but that is still two categories down from the heaviest attendance.

GeoUSA said:
APE said:

ParkFans member Netdvn maintains a crowd expectation calendar that I have found to be a great resource.  Saturdays in early June look to be heavy, but that is still two categories down from the heaviest attendance.

Now i have more questions if anyone could possibly answer them. Is there a spread sheet like this for KD? With the Heavy crowd days according to that sheet is it possible to see and do all of the major rides at BGW? I'm trying to figure out if i should switch my strategy and am looking for advice from those more experienced with these two parks. i only have the two days in Richmond.

I have walked into BGW on a Sunday at 10:00am and rode every major ride before noon hit. KD is a bit different though and will take twice that amount of time to ride everything. There are many more rides at KD. I would 'recommend' spending the busier Saturday at BGW since you don't need as much time to ride everything. Save Sunday for KD. Keep in mind, this is from a 'rides' standpoint. There are other aspects of BGW that will consume more time than KD. Hope this helps and best of luck with your visit to the RVA!

That does help. That's kind of the answer i was looking for. I don't really mind the park being crowded as long as i can get everything in. KD i'm hoping will be a light day as the main reason for this trip is me to ride I305, and i want re rides if possible for it. I've got a feeling my wife is going to fall in love with BGW and want to make a trip back for that though.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad