Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jonesta6

Kehoe
Feb 14, 2019
Hi everyone!

While dealing with no open theme parks thanks to the COVID-19 crisis, I've been watching a bunch more YouTube videos related to various industry topics.

Although there's been mentions to some of these channels/producers (including videos produced by our own forum members), I couldn't find a thread dedicated to them.

So I was wondering what people thought were the best ones out there?

I'm totally open to differing opinions here.

Since I'm starting the thread, I guess I'll go first - really enjoyed going through the Defunctland series (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLplWWKocAfTatxde-hEMuQZB0fxmXsw_u) and Expedition Theme Park with it's various offshoots (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCYFoKsE7HWMemncObXjdww).

Not as much a fan of Theme Park Crazy because it seems to be mostly top 10 lists though it does have a few good episodes with more intricate details on singular topics.

Just saw a few videos from a guy that are all labeled as technical analysis and issues with some major rides (including i305), seemed interesting but don't know if there's a larger series or channel for it. The narrator claims to have been a ride op for several parks (if I remember right, SF in Texas and New Jersey, and Cedar Point), so I feel there's some merit in what he's been pointing out as flaws or at least pain points with ride designs from an operations perspective.

Just saw a few videos from a guy that are all labeled as technical analysis and issues with some major rides (including i305), seemed interesting but don't know if there's a larger series or channel for it. The narrator claims to have been a ride op for several parks (if I remember right, SF in Texas and New Jersey, and Cedar Point), so I feel there's some merit in what he's been pointing out as flaws or at least pain points with ride designs from an operations perspective.

That’s ElToroRyan. I find a lot of his vlogs super cringy (I guess I’m too serious to enjoy those videos—reference to his intro if you haven’t watched any of his stuff), but his deep dives into individual rides (which he has been doing more of lately) have been FANTASTIC.

I'm also a fan of Defunctland and Expedition Theme Park. I also really like Fastpass Facts and ReviewTyme, even though they mostly focus on Disney.

You could say that Defunctland has a lot of Disney focus too... Kind of hard to ignore since they've been one of the founders of theme parks in the amusement space.

@Zachary - didn't realize that was a forum member, cool to know!

Surprised Coaster Studios wasn't listed as Kings Dominion is his home park. He has videos of parks in Europe and Asia too. Posted his documentary for Kentucky Kingdom. His Coaster Parodies are a fun waste of time.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Theme Park Stop is great for rumors of new rides with most of her concentration being Disney and Universal.

Agree on DefunctLand and Expedition Theme Park. Just started watching ElToroRyan about a month ago. Airtime Thrills is giving commentary.

Midway Mayhem has some good videos. I enjoy the shots they capture. Lately it is video of rides or park(epic universe) in Orlando being built.

Just found Theme Park Media as they discuss the B&M Hyper Kings Dominion could have had. They just posted it and discuss Twisted Timbers.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope this helps.

So, I'm not gonna lie, I sometimes enjoy rewatching old coaster-net videos for when their predictions are horribly wrong because they talk so definitely as if they know exactly what's coming.

I have really enjoyed Defunctland and Coasterbot videos. Taylor and coaster studios rubbed me the wrong way, especially with their coaster parodies videos, which just seem kinda dumb. I do enjoy their operations analysis videos. Met him and his crew once at CP and he came off a bit like a d-bag who was full of himself. Maybe it was just an off day for him, maybe he just doesn't appreciate other enthusiasts that don't have a well known YouTube/Blog/Website, I don't know. Anyways, back to the topic at hand, I have also come to enjoy *some* of the GPtoEnthusiast videos. The only reason I say some is that he is a ride op at CP and presents info like every park is identical to CP. I appreciate him giving behind the scenes info on his rides, but he makes it seem like all other parks and rides in the US are just like his, making some of his statements misleading or straight up false. Amusement Labs is another decent channel, but again, some of the technical info they give is not always 100% accurate. If you are going to make a video about how something works, you should actually research the ride more than just guessing based on visiting as a guest.

I have really enjoyed Defunctland and Coasterbot videos. Taylor and coaster studios rubbed me the wrong way, especially with their coaster parodies videos, which just seem kinda dumb. I do enjoy their operations analysis videos. Met him and his crew once at CP and he came off a bit like a d-bag who was full of himself. Maybe it was just an off day for him, maybe he just doesn't appreciate other enthusiasts that don't have a well known YouTube/Blog/Website, I don't know. Anyways, back to the topic at hand, I have also come to enjoy *some* of the GPtoEnthusiast videos. The only reason I say some is that he is a ride op at CP and presents info like every park is identical to CP. I appreciate him giving behind the scenes info on his rides, but he makes it seem like all other parks and rides in the US are just like his, making some of his statements misleading or straight up false. Amusement Labs is another decent channel, but again, some of the technical info they give is not always 100% accurate. If you are going to make a video about how something works, you should actually research the ride more than just guessing based on visiting as a guest.

To be honest, I'd be interested in watching you do a couple of videos on the systems you're familiar with as long as they're not super technical jargon heavy

Reactions: ControlsEE
To be honest, I'd be interested in watching you do a couple of videos on the systems you're familiar with as long as they're not super technical jargon heavy
Well when I finally build my own fully automated backyard coaster, I will definitely post videos about how I did everything!

Reactions: Jonesta6
I really enjoy Theme Park History. They're nice decently sized videos, some are even bite size.

Personally though, listening to him lose his mind over how awful Fast and Furious Supercharged is was honestly hilarious. Sad, but hilarious. The ride is garbage, and I feel bad that he ended up covering the ride. But it was inevitable I suppose.

While the channel might not be as informative as you're looking for, Okaycoasters has some fun content.
I did see a few of their videos. Were shot really well, with more or less accurate info.

While the channel might not be as informative as you're looking for, Okaycoasters has some fun content.
I forgot about OkayCoasters! I didn't know his channel until he made a Kings Dominion Winterfest and sneak peaked his Busch Gardens video. I did not think I would enjoy him that much, but i was pleasantly surprised.

TheTimTracker- he mainly covers Florida parks. I love how he talks while walking through the park and continues the same thought in another area of the park. I don’t know how he does it, but it feels like I get a more holistic overview of the park that way. Also, he’s a very good food critic.

IoMGeek- he has a friendly and down-to-earth vibe. He mostly covers Virginia parks, but sometimes goes to Florida.

Best Haunted House POVs during the Halloween season: ThemeParkHD. Sharp Productions is pretty good too.

Reactions: Murphy and DJaguar
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad