Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Beserker

No hard feelings against Dominator here, but I never realized how beautiful Berserker used to look before the path behind it was opened up and it was painted blue.
berserker2_blastcoaster.jpg

That is some beautiful shrubbery!

For comparison, here is what the ride looks like now...
KingsDomBoatPage.jpg

Yeah, thats when Cedar Fair first got the park. As much that I love Dominator I sort of wish they placed it in a different location because Beserker use to feel some much taller and it made it look like they placed the ride in a forest.

If you look closely in those pictures I bet you can see dozens of coins falling out of the people's pockets

Why did they paint it blue though? Looked so much better with brown

Because as I stated Cedar fair bought the park and I guess they wanted to make it out stand out along with Dominator. Or they might've just wanted a new color scheme.

Dwight Schrute said:
If you look closely in those pictures I bet you can see dozens of coins falling out of the people's pockets

Why did they paint it blue though? Looked so much better with brown

I agree, I think the ride was much better looking with the brown paint. I think Cedar Fair wanted to give it an ocean feel... but it still looks bad with blue.

Reactions: wombat96

Funny story about Beserker in the 80's. The year Smurfs took over the mountain was also the year the park got beserker. When my dad went on he went with my aunt after they ate the blue ice cream. Once they got off the ride ( I think your about to know what happens.;)) My aunt got sick and the man sitting next to her said "By Golly you ate a smurf!" And thats why none of my family rides the beserker except me. Also is it just me or has Beserker lost it's viking theme?

Reactions: Unagi

Connor said:
Also is it just me or has Beserker lost it's viking theme?

Horribly so, it has. As seen in the picture a few posts earlier of pre-Dominator Berserker, the ride had a much more predominant viking theme. The color scheme, shrubbery, and props around the ride all contributed to the experience. Also, the carved figure of woman on the front of the ship has been removed this season. :( I wonder why all this was removed?

I think I remember seeing a photo of that women in the center of some shrubbery on International Street, that is of course if we're thinking about the same thing. It reminded me of Da Vinci's Garden's of inventions, especially with all the pretty flowers around it.

I rode that ride one time, and I plan never to ride it again because of one thing (which I'm sure someone else has complained about before): The restraints. They are SO incredibly tight and uncomfortable (especially when you are hanging upside down). My two friends agreed that they did not ever want to get on that ride again.

Matthew said:
I think I remember seeing a photo of that women in the center of some shrubbery on International Street, that is of course if we're thinking about the same thing. It reminded me of Da Vinci's Garden's of inventions, especially with all the pretty flowers around it.

I'm sure you are talking about this statue, and I agree, it looks fantastic. According to KDGY, that statue was in the flower bed in front of Berserker. I should have been more clear, because I meant to refer to the figurehead of a woman physically attached to the front of the ship; she has been removed.

For what it is worth, I believe Joe is referring to the ship's "figurehead."

Interestingly, I believe that Vikings actually used dragon heads, not people.

She's back and just as naked as before. She has a new look though, and to me it appears somebody dumped a bucket of maple syrup on her.

Attachments

• 0608141613.jpg
    0608141613.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
Oh yeah, I noticed she was back on Saturday... forgot to mention that. :p But yeah, it looks like she was just removed for some maintenance, which is good.

I haven't ridden the Berserker in eons.

Have a question for the guys that have ridden it recently...

At the end of the ride, does the lapbar still press down on your lap and smash your nuts before it releases?

I always hated that!

If I remember correctly, Phoenix at Busch Gardens Tampa does the exact same thing. It's the ride you go on if you never want to have children.

Reactions: Unagi
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad