Attraction Existing Batwing

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 7, 2018
I was told at my visit today that they are waiting on a part and they will reopen in August and from another person that they are hoping to have it open by fright fest.

Reactions: Zachary
Apr 22, 2019
Batwing has been stuck on the hill for at least 3 weeks I think. In the same exact spot. I don't think it has moved. I've never ridden a flying coaster so I hope they can get this thing back up at some point this season.

b.mac

Great Adventure got an RMC...
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
It did the same exact thing last year right after Coaster Con, not surprised one bit that 2 of the 3 are hitting the end of their service lives around the same time. Nighthawk at Carowinds is probably gonna stay for a few more years since Kings Island is donating parts from Firehawk to them.

Apr 22, 2019
The wait was about an hour. The line moves so slow, but when you get into the station you see why. Loading takes a while. It was worth it, though. I don’t get scared a lot on coasters any more, but this thing scared me. It feels so insecure! I had my feet bent past 90° cause it feels like you can slip out. I know you can’t but it feels that way. It was pretty awesome. Glad they fixed it instead of scrapping it! It’s a good fit for SFA where lines aren’t ever that long

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
Ride Manta. You'll never want to ride Batwing again. Manta is that much better.
There are elements that I prefer from the Vekoma, but yes manta is generally speaking much better. The Dutchmen just need to be smoother.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I don’t find them rough, just awkward. Additionally, I always feel as if I am going to slip out of the restraints.

Also, after watching the train in front of me get stuck lying on their backs, just outside the station, in a torrential downpour, waiting for maintenance (who took a long time to arrive), I never need to ride it at SFA again. I don’t go to amusement parks to be waterboarded.

Apr 22, 2019
I don’t find them rough, just awkward. Additionally, I always feel as if I am going to slip out of the restraints.

Also, after watching the train in front of me get stuck lying on their backs, just outside the station, in a torrential downpour, waiting for maintenance (who took a long time to arrive), I never need to ride it at SFA again. I don’t go to amusement parks to be waterboarded.
It does feel like you could slip out, but I know you can’t really. That’s part of what made it scary. Getting waterboarded would suck, though. LOL. I’ll avoid riding in the rain....

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
Batwing is a LOT better than Manta. While Manta has the fantastic pretzel loop and the beautiful queue line/setting, Batwing does a lot more interesting things than Manta does. The loop is a lot of fun and helix/back to back rollovers at the end are really forceful in their own right.

I was actually kinda disappointed that Nighthawk didnt pull the same forces that Batwing did.

It really is the flying coaster equivalent to a Batman clone

• Love
Reactions: Joe and Zachary

b.mac

Great Adventure got an RMC...
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Of the 3 Vekoma Flying Dutchmen I've done, Batwing has far and away been the best one in terms of experience. I hope it sticks around longer than Nighthawk likely will now that Firehawk is possibly being parted out to keep it running.

Reactions: Connor and Zachary
Mar 18, 2017
The best experience I've had yet on a flying coaster was swooping down over the lake on Nighthawk. Then the torture begins. Why can't they just let us fly and leave out all the crazy stuff? As to Batwing, I did laugh a lot.

Oct 7, 2011
My only real memories of Batwing are waiting forever while the goofy station procedure operated in slow motion; being surprised by the intensity of the ride, which was quite impressive; being absolutely convinced that I could fall out of the restraints at any moment; and finally realizing just how little I truly trust Vekoma to properly engineer that particular ride system.

Not exactly confidence inspiring. But I think the station ops and the RCT-style ride location (let's drop the ride in THIS field) had a lot to do with poor first impressions.

Apr 22, 2019
The loop was maybe the best part. So weird to be at the top of the loop, at its lowest Gs point, looking straight down at the bottom of the loop.

The location of it is so far away. I had the app leading me to it because I didn’t know where the entrance was and the path on the map was ridiculously long.

Most of the queue is covered. That helps with the wait.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad