Which do you think is best and why?

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I know with MT's little "delay" we don't know if BGW or KD has the better tower, so heck, part of the fun is predicting what will happen!  But I've come to figure this thread will be more important when MT is open! :p

IMO, they both will be different.  MT is in the "world's most beautiful theme park" and spirals up, while DZ is 305 feet but basically on a big slab of concrete with rides.

P.S. This is my 100th post!

EDIT: I have pulled this poll out of hibernation, and with Joe's consent updated it to include the drop towers from all three officially covered parks.  Unlike the previous version of the poll, I think the three towers are roughly comparable. ~ Nicole

Reactions: Big_Al
RE: Mach Tower vs. Drop Zone

J0E1 said:
I know with MT's little "delay" we don't know if BGW or KD has the better tower, so heck, part of the fun is predicting what will happen! But I've come to figure this thread will be more important when MT is open! :p

IMO, they both will be different. MT is in the "world's most beautiful theme park" and spirals up, while DZ is 305 feet but basicaaly on a big slab of concrete with rides.

P.S. This is my 100th post!

Yes, but to be honest, even KD looks great from that high up. Drop Towers in general are an aquired taste. And the actual drop itself is the thrill. And they should both be great with that. MT might get my nod just because I can more easily get a pretzel sandwich after I ride the ride.

Big_Al said:
Yes, but to be honest, even KD looks great from that high up. Drop Towers in general are an aquired taste. And the actual drop itself is the thrill. And they should both be great with that. MT might get my nod just because I can more easily get a pretzel sandwich after I ride the ride.

Haha, Big_Al, all your posts I've seen have been about food. I like that. And that's a pretty awesome reason. At Drop Tower you can get some....funnel cake and pizza?

I said it before but I'll say it now, I HATE the way Mach Tower looks. It's octogonal and just doesn't look clean and round and smooth like a may pole should be. That being said the seats are much nicer as is the lift carriage. The theming around it is also much more.....existing? haha

I mean, aesthetically the edge goes to MT. But I think I'll enjoy Drop Tower more than MT in the long run.

Can I vote for Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World? :D

Swiftman said:
Why on earth is this in the Trip Reports section?

Moved.
Woahhhh... this is embarassing. I'm so lazy I didn't even look at the section I posted in!

Unagi said:
Can I vote for Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World? :D
Did you read the title of the thread?:D

I think Tower of Terror is probably one of the best drop towers in the world, I mean it has a story line. A ride with a story based off of a popular show/movie. The details for when you're waiting to get on the ride is incredible, I can be easily entertained waiting in line, or I can get a fast pass (which I don't even have to pay for!!!!) And it drops you multiple time. Yeah the drop isn't that big, but it's a gread ride. My opinion.:D

Clearly Tower of Terror. Doesn't even need an explanation.

Wait. What the hell. Tower of Terror is so off-topic from this thread! Obviously ToT trumps these two towers. Discussion over.

Let's instead stay on topic and have a conversation about two comparable towers.

CarterGee said:
Wait. What the hell. Tower of Terror is so off-topic from this thread! Obviously ToT trumps these two towers. Discussion over.

Let's instead stay on topic and have a conversation about two comparable towers.

For some reason, Tower of Terror was added to the poll, that's when I became involved. I haven't been on Drop Zone or Mäch Tower (obviously), so I had to cast my vote.

On the actual topic of this thread I have zero opinion.

Tower of terror isnt a drop tower. It may drop you, but the ride system is 100% different. Considering that it actually moves you forward on a track I would consider it a completely different category than a drop tower.

Youhow2 said:
Tower of terror isnt a drop tower. It may drop you, but the ride system is 100% different. Considering that it actually moves you forward on a track I would consider it a completely different category than a drop tower.

100% correct.

Sorry to JOE1, I thought this had potential to be a super interesting thread. Sorry it got diluted with ToT. Perhaps it will become more popular once/if MT opens

Reactions: Mushroom

CarterGee said:
Sorry to JOE1, I thought this had potential to be a super interesting thread. Sorry it got diluted with ToT. Perhaps it will become more popular once/if MT opens

OP generalized to a tower. The public spoke and the public won.

FYI its technical classification is a drop tower.

Gropplo said:
I thought it was classified as a launch tower

As do most. It is a common misconception which is why I said "technical." If you do the tours there and what not they'll tell you that vary thing.

Launch towers, if I'm right, are towers that shoot you up then slowly lower you down. Only one I've been on was at Cedar Point.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad