Login or Register to Hide This Ad

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Well now we need a picture of the panel! I went back and watched a few of the videos and noticed he said he wanted this attraction to be fully automated. How in-depth did you go with the project? Did you do all of the scenery animations, as well? For the ride controls, is it basically "on/ off" or "close/ open" brake? I guess what I mean is, are things triggered automatically or is all timer based? I am sure the budget played a part in a lot of the decisions. I also imagine it's setup only for a single train ops.
Ask and you shall recieve! signal-2021-06-26-221027.jpg
This is from right before I shipped the panel to them. The labels ended up fading real quick in the intense napa sun unfortunately. Everything is controlled by a PLC, just like a large ride, and everything turn on and off as the cart moves around. They had originally planned on one 3 car train, then had some mechanical issues, so it went to a single car train, though I have it programmed to work with 2 trains as needed. They will have to add in one more brake to get that to work though. I did help a little with the animatronics, but two other people were working on it and I was busy with electrical controls for the ride. The animatronic was controlled via Arduinos and the show lights, fog, and sound effects we controlled by a christmas pixel light controller.

Last edited:

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
The whole project sounds insane, but in a good way.
It was! So many times Sean couldn't believe we built a legit station platform with an automated system. Had a number of guests comment "it sounds just like a real coaster," to which my response is usually, "because it really is just a scaled down version of a big coaster." I watched a video of their first coaster last night and it was quite literally 1/4 the size of Little Thunder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonesta6
Login or Register to Hide This Ad