Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 16, 2017
But what I am saying is, what if there are no specific laws in your locality that specifically prohibit it or there may be now laws requiring you to obtain inspections, licensing, or permits. Sure localities where theme parks are present already have a system in place. But what about localities that don't have anything in place?

I'm just saying, technically it is fair game until the laws are created. Then we have to abide by the boring rules of society.

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Linden, Virginia
In Virginia, ride regulations are set by the state. Inspections are done at the county level with standards set by the state.

Reactions: VonDerrick

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
So that's how you break into the industry, DIY in your parents' backyard... Nice!

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Looks like the OhioValleyCoasters ride demo'd

Last edited:

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
.... Isn't this the same OhioValleyCoasters that was exposed for attempting to solicit nudes from underaged girls...? I thought the community had successfully run him off the internet... Is he back...?

Regardless, probably best not to give him views.

Last edited:

ControlsEE

Oct 2, 2018
.... Isn't this the same OhioValleyCoasters that was exposed for attempting to solicit nudes from underaged girls...? I thought the community had successfully run him off the internet...

Regardless, probably best not to give him views.
Oof! I wasn't aware of that! I guess that explains the name change on the channel.

vacoasterfanatic

used to like pompeii alot, as my username implied
May 14, 2019
that is not chad from ovc (the one who did all of that creepy stuff.) the guy in the video is named shawn (possibly spelled different but idk)

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
I don't know who is in the video, but OhioValleyCoaster's backyard coaster (the one they burned in that video) is literally in Chad's parents' backyard. Hard to imagine Chad isn't involved. Anyway, anything that close to Chad is worthy of being discarded anyway in my opinion. His behavior was seriously fucked up.

ControlsEE

Oct 2, 2018
So after 8 months of keeping my mouth shut, I am proud to announce here that I have been a contributing member to the Magitecture team who built, and started operating this weekend, the Little Thunder Roller Coaster. This past January, I reached out to them about installing a controls system on their new ride and it was a dream come true when they said yes! This past week, we worked tirelessly to get ready for a party Sean had setup for Saturday. I can go more into detail later (currently waiting to board my flight back home at ORD), but it was a massive success and is definitely the most intricate and advanced backyard Roller Coaster ever built, nevermind the most themed! We had a great time out in Napa and are so excited it is working!

Attachments

• 20210807_234931.jpg
    20210807_234931.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
Nov 5, 2009
What product line did you use? I would assume just a click or something for cost reasons.

ControlsEE

Oct 2, 2018
What product line did you use? I would assume just a click or something for cost reasons.
So for the PLC, I used a Productivity 1000. Very glad I did, with how complicated everything was. Almost all the electrical and pneumatic components came from Automation Direct.

Reactions: Jonesta6
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
Well now we need a picture of the panel! I went back and watched a few of the videos and noticed he said he wanted this attraction to be fully automated. How in-depth did you go with the project? Did you do all of the scenery animations, as well? For the ride controls, is it basically "on/ off" or "close/ open" brake? I guess what I mean is, are things triggered automatically or is all timer based? I am sure the budget played a part in a lot of the decisions. I also imagine it's setup only for a single train ops.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad