Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I got….7 rides on this an hour on Sunday night? So I waited 21 AF1 laps for DarKoaster yesterday. God that sounds amazing except for my thighs.

Alright, since I'm in a written review mode for 2023 coasters lets talk about this thing. It's fantastic I love it and I want it in Virginia now. I only had night rides but I rode it in the front 4 times, 2nd row once, and back row twice, all in an hour it was glorious honestly. It's so random driving all the way across the ATL metro after being at SFOG all day and driving into this suburb off a highway to go to this small go-kart park in what feels like nowhere. You actually pass Rick Ross mansion/compound/fortress on the way out to it from the perimeter (285).

Arriving you just see it sitting there on the left next to the highway in all of its patriotic RMC truss glory and then drive right next to it back to the not paved parking lot. The theming is like "Orion-lite" as many have noted but you probably won't have time to notice it walking straight up to the loading platform to board immediately. The first drop actually isn't really anything to write home about. I almost could make the argument that Cyclones drop was more fun because of the headchoppers it had. But that is immaterial as to what happens over the next few moments.

The raven truss dive is wild and kinda disorienting at least at night. I recommend being ready for the sudden shift back the other way rotation wise. I love dive loops in general as a concept, we need more of that element in Virginia. It has that explosive speed hill after that that I liked more than Steel Vengeances speed hill at Cedar Point because that one always hit me in a weird way each time. The stall is epic and intense probably my favorite stall I've done you hold up there hanging and it's relatively high up. After that is when AF1 ramps sh*t up. The outward bank is sustained ejector air the entire way over the hill and it's fantastic. The double up ejector hill after that is unreal and one of my favorite moments on a roller coaster, literally followed by an insanely fast but very smooth Zero-G roll. People like to say this is the "mosasaurus roll" of RMCs and I get that idea but it's not NEARLY as satisfying as that element is on Velocicoaster.

The ride hits you with a quick banked airtime hill and then holds a high positive turn to the right and then through another Zero G roll that hits as good as the other one. Then the absolutely bonkers ending. I personally didn't find the thigh pain to be much worse than Timbers but I also think my pain tolerance is higher than most. It's really fun going over those hills in rapid succession if you can tolerate the pain. I can see that NOT being the case if they hurt your legs but if you can tolerate it then it's fun as hell just rapid fire ejector pops over and over and over. Then the absolutely crash of a brake run that I braced for every single time after the first ride. It definitely feels like it punches you in the gut at the end if you don't brace at least somewhat.

Overall I LOVE this ride. I like it more than Vengeance because of the pacing and speed you take all of the elements is absolutely bonkers. It does not quite beat out Iron Gwazi for me to take the throne. It's extremely random that it's at this small go-kart park in the suburbs. A thoosie that was there walking out at the time noted discussions with management and they really plan to build the park up. I see them attempting to capitalize on the apparent not great reputation SFOG has around ATL. The thoosie actually mentioned they want to bring in a large GCI. That's all I have no other evidence beyond apparent word of mouth from a thoosie that spoke with park management. But if that's the case I'm very curious what Fun Spot ATL looks like down the road. But yeah go ride AF1 it's amazing, also go ride Goliath nearby.

Last edited:
What a fun ride! Finally got the chance to visit the park and ride ArieForce One today, as I was in town for the football game and was looking for something to do before our late flight back to Richmond.

We arrived around 6 pm, which was good for discounted entry (~$30 each) as the park was only open until 8 pm tonight. Got rides in both the front and back rows, and while the back was a little more intense, it wasn't the night and day difference you see with Iron Gwazi.

Could have easily gotten in a half dozen more rides if we had skipped the go karts.

Definitely an upper tier RMC coaster, and I actually liked the bunny hills at the end, but not so much the abrupt brake run. If you aren't prepared for that, ouch!

Heading to Fun Spot at open (10am) on 12/29. What can I expect? At $12 per ride, I am guessing I should get the day ticket ($31) and aim to ride 3-4 times? I am only going to have 1.5 hours at the park. Does that sound realistic?

I would like to get the Hurricane credit as well...

You will be able to get as many rides in as you care to walk around for. Even though you won't be there long, try to get at least one ride in on one of the go cart tracks.

Approaching my trip on Friday. Does anyone know the minimum temp for AFO? I’m thinking they might keep it closed… Figures…

Reactions: Coasternerd
Just an update… They opened AFO on 12/29 in 43 degree temps with maybe 15 people in the park. I was STUNNED. Will support FS in the future. As for the ride, it seemed to be crawwwwling, but was still worth the trek / temps.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad