Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I think the online form submission allows for what seems to have happened -- a direct communication with the area supervisor -- which probably pulls a lot more weight than customer service forwarding a slip of paper that could get lost in transit or have illegible information.

Umm.... While that could be the case, I'm not sure if you've ever seen what sort of garbled messages a passionate user base writes when asked on an Internet form. I read responses like that on a regular basis and have to play Sherlock Holmes with what I get half the time. My going theory is because everyone has different vocabulary and typing skills alongside different perceptions of both their experience and what is being requested of them. Not saying @Crunchewy falls into that category at all, but more the park is taking that chance.

But, if they could have gotten ahold of someone while still in the park to talk to, and they handle the write-up, I'll guarantee it's both a better customer experience with documentation more likely to be understood by management... Plus possibly allows for a more timely response by management.

As for the secondary operators booth and ride space near it - isn't that why there's giant mirrors on the fence so a secondary operator isn't needed? Still sounds like poor scanning to me. I get it, humans make mistakes, but there should be a way to ensure the entire ride area on this kind of ride is entirely visible to the controls operator.

Apr 22, 2019
I didn’t notice a mirror, but I wasn’t looking for one. I posted here what I sent them and you can judge my grammar if you’d like. I can take it. Lol.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I didn’t notice a mirror, but I wasn’t looking for one. I posted here what I sent them and you can judge my grammar if you’d like. I can take it. Lol.

You're fine!

I'm not at all saying you did anything wrong or were not properly articulating to their management team.

I'm saying they made things harder for themselves by not handling the situation in-person while you were physically there, which in my opinion also makes it look like they don't value what you have to say as much.

Reactions: Nicole
Apr 22, 2019
You're fine!

I'm not at all saying you did anything wrong or were not properly articulating to their management team.

I'm saying they made things harder for themselves by not handling the situation in-person while you were physically there, which in my opinion also makes it look like they don't value what you have to say as much.
They did clearly show concern and agreed that it was pretty bad. I think what she said was something like, "I don't know what these operators are thinking". Something akin to that, anyway. She got some higher up person there, and it was that person that said I needed to use the Contact form on the web page.

VB06Hokie

Mostly wit & sarcasm, but contributes occasionally
Silver Donor
Feb 3, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
They more than likely took action right after you notified them, but probably need the reporting party to fill out the form for documentation purposes - they want what happened in your words and don't want the facts to get misconstrued when going up the chain of command. It's akin to having a computer issue at work, and when you call IT they tell you to submit a ticket.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad