Aquazoid

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Joe

#RIPVolcano
Feb 12, 2011
Near Richmond
BuschDominion.com
I was at WCUSA today and the ride’s presence was definitely missed. Aquazoid’s tower has such a looming presence over that entire corner of the water park, and it’s the only ride which has thematic elements (the big movie billboard) that extend way past the ride itself (or at all, really).

Aquazoid is an incredibly unique ride- themed, embedded in the landscape, and extremely long for a raft slide. I consider it WCUSA’s signature ride, so I really hope it gets the TLC it needs and sticks around.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
I noticed last year one of the beams on the support structure of the main tower had been replaced by a steel beam. While it was most likely just to replace that specific beam, I wonder if it was a test to replace more beams on the older slide structures in the park.

Feb 14, 2019
I've kind of wondered why, besides expense, why ride platforms weren't more metal and concrete cores with a surface friendly to barefoot riders?

Feb 3, 2019
Weight?

The heavier the the platform, the more reinforcement it needs. The more reinforcement it gets also makes it heavier.

I imagine it is a massive expense to make a platform as you describe.

Feb 14, 2019
Weight?

The heavier the the platform, the more reinforcement it needs. The more reinforcement it gets also makes it heavier.

I imagine it is a massive expense to make a platform as you describe.
Hence the expense portion of why not - but I see that many of the newer rides use steel and concrete so it could have been due to cost at the time and aesthetics?

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I assume a renovated (maybe renamed?) existing attraction counts towards SEAS plan to introduce at least one new attraction for "almost every park" annually.

Reactions: tursiops
Login or Register to Hide This Ad